• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Foundry 3 Titanium 4 Point Brace

[FONT=&quot]Foundry 3 Titanium 4 Point Brace[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Purchase:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I think that Chris likes to use me as a guinea pig because this is the second item that he has asked me to install and review for Foundry 3. Either that or he knows I am slowly becoming quite the connoisseur of titanium bits with regard for the NSX.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Either way the conversation was straightforward, the projected price for this piece is less than the bar I used to have. I had little to lose other than to try this new bar and support a great vendor for the community. Between ordering and receiving was a matter of days…not weeks. Can't beat that for something bespoke and unique in its nature. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]First Impression: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This bar is SOLID! Incredibly more rigid and well thought out than the price would suggest. The tubing is 3mm thick giving the brace more material to do its job - brace the chassis without worry of flex (something Ti is well known to do) For reference the tubing on my old brace was 1mm thick, something that always bothered me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The CNC’d brackets are REALLY trick, Chris designed and cut these parts in house and they allow for nice “finished” look. Since the parts are flat there is no need to worry about water collecting in the bolt locations (causing the hardware to rust) as would happen with another vendor's stuff. Also the brackets easily clear the rubber engine bay seal that seemed to always be in the way otherwise.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The welds are perfect, not a spec of oxidation anywhere. Proper titanium welds that even the most scrutinizing structural engineer would admire.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Installation:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Installing Foundry 3’s bar can be summarized in one word, “Blissful”. Four bolts (all included from Foundry 3) and about ten minutes and you’re ready to roll! If there’s one HUGE difference between new vs old brace it is this:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NO MORE TAKING OFF THE STRUT AND PULLING A WHEEL DOWN…I know I was impressed upon the fitment with my old bar, but the novelty quickly wore off when I would have to remove the rear engine garnish and a strut assembly every time I needed to do…just about ANYTHING. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Foundry 3 bar utilizes the factory strut bar stand offs and makes installation a breeze. Maintenance, detailing, whatever reason you have to R&R this bar you no longer have to dread at the thought or waste an extra 15-30 minutes just to be able to get to the parts you wanted to work on…big plus in my book. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Driving Impression:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How much does the strut bar work? About as well as any other 4 point, the NSX chassis is so rigid in the coupe form that it is difficult to qualify, but I know that it is doing it’s job back there. I ordered the 4 point for two main reasons; more points = better bracing, because racecar and I needed somewhere to mount those rocket launchers…I mean remote reservoirs. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Foundry 3 four point titanium brace is an incredibly high quality brace that requires little to no mechanical prowess to install and allows removal to be a painless affair. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I can’t decide which aspect of this bar is best to be honest; the price is lower than the competition, made of better (read; thicker) material, installs and removes easier than 90% of all bars out there, and finally is a work of art from any angle.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You can still purchase a similar bar elsewhere from another vendor, you’d better hope that you order during the off season or just cut out the middle man and donate to a “Pikes Peak GoFundMe” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Foundry 3 Ti brace is money well spent any time. Great product from an honest and talented vendor.

P.S. If the 4 point isn't your style, you CAN order a two point Ti bar from Chris as well.

I will post pics ASAP, for some reason my image hosting isn't working...will edit this thread soon[/FONT]

He is a very smart fellow...

Back