• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Four Door NSX Sedan?

I love the reliability, visibility, handling, balance, and responsiveness of the NSX but I need two more seats for family and customers. Power is a secondary concern to handling. It'll be used daily for local errands and frequent long distance highway drives. What reliable four door sedan comes closest to the NSX in handling and responsiveness?

I think you need this: :D

limo.jpg

M5 is approx 20 lbs shy of 2 tons. Quite heavy for nippy handling.

How about a 4 seater which weighs 3000 lbs with cornering and acceleration levels slightly lower than the NSX for less than half the cost.

Mazda RX-8

Silver F16 said:

How about a 4 seater which weighs 3000 lbs with cornering and acceleration levels slightly lower than the NSX for less than half the cost.

Mazda RX-8

The RX8 was tested in Japan to be WAY slower than the Integra Type R, G35 Coupe, 350Z, BMW 330i, S2000, non-sti WRX. The only car that was slower than the RX8 was the Miata.

Silver F16 said:

You've never driven one, have you?

Silver F16 said:

Mazda RX-8

You've never sat in the back seat of one of those, have you? If you had, you would realize that it would never be suitable for "family and customers". Unless you are selling baby food.

If you want something big enough to be comfortable for customers, you're talking about a heavy car, 4000+ lbs. So handling will be compromised, even among the best of these, which tend to be quite pricey ($70K and up) - cars like the M5, Audi RS6, Benz S55 AMG, etc.

You can get some very nice sedans for less money that accommodate four adults in comfort - Acura RL, Lexus LS430, Toyota Avalon, etc. But they are not sports cars and won't handle like one.

Or, for less money, you can get something which has somewhat less room in the rear, but handles nicely - Acura TL-S, Infiniti G35 Sedan, Lexus GS430, etc.

Handling, rear-seat comfort, price - pick two, and you'll know what to look at.

There are a few of us here that have the Acura TL TYPE-S and in the next few months a new TL is coming out with more HP rumored to be 280hp....im quite happy with my type S and i think its a great bang for the buck.....I picked mine up new for just under 30k

POWERED by HONDA said:
Nah... wait for the Acura DN-X. :D
The Acura DN-X is exactly what I'm looking for: a 400hp 42 mpg AWD 6MT 4 door sports sedan made by Honda.
http://www.hondanews.com/Forms/acur...)***.ws4d?acura/concepts/results(r)_text.html

Unfortunately the existing Acura line-up is a far far far cry from the DN-X concept, and Acura has a long long long way to go to get there. So the only question is when are they going to make it, and if not, how much of the DN-X is really going to make it into the redesigned 2005 RL?

Do you have a price range or is this a somewhat-hypothetical question?

Since your target price was not specified and since no one mentioned it yet, I'd like to point out the TSX has many of the attributes you're looking for, great handling, slick 6-speed, superb engine, and is an outstanding value.

Ojas said:
Do you have a price range or is this a somewhat-hypothetical question?

Since your target price was not specified and since no one mentioned it yet, I'd like to point out the TSX has many of the attributes you're looking for, great handling, slick 6-speed, superb engine, and is an outstanding value.

I'm more interested in value than price. While I gladly would drop $80k on the DN-X, I'm very unlikely to drop $77k on the E55 AMG. And I agree, the TSX looks like an outstanding value at $27k.

E36 M3 Sedan circa 97-98. Cheap, great handling, nimble car that comfortably seats four. And you can even track it on the weekends.

NSXTASY,

M5 are notorious on the track. Too bulky and overheats. Talk to enough owners about this. Not my cup of tea.

I spent a good half hour in the back seat of the Rx-8. If you are 180 lbs and 6 feet, you'll feel comfortably snug. Open your eyes and you'll feel slightly clausterphobic due to the lack of open space

The rear seats and positioning are fine for grown adults. If you are 300 lbs, that's a different story. Not to mention that you'll slow down the car.

"NSXTASY,

M5 are notorious on the track. Too bulky and overheats. Talk to enough owners about this. Not my cup of tea.

I spent a good half hour in the back seat of the Rx-8. If you are 180 lbs and 6 feet, you'll feel comfortably snug. Open your eyes and you'll feel slightly clausterphobic due to the lack of open space

The rear seats and positioning are fine for grown adults. If you are 300 lbs, that's a different story. Not to mention that you'll slow down the car."

M5's are notorious on the track, but for kicking butt. I have been around the Nurburgring in the M5 "ring taxi". These stock M5's driven by early twenties women lap EVERYTHING out there, including many bikes! I drove around with good drivers in a 911 GT2, Ferrari 355, and a Diablo and no one came close. These M5's owned the track. Of course they are on their home turf and probably have a lot more experience. I am all for light cars (the Lotus Elise is my current favorite) but BMW does very few things wrong (minus Z4 styling).

300 lbs will slow ANY car down!!

92NSX said:
Yeah, M5 are awesome. Don't overlook the E55 either though.
The latest E55 is faster than the M5, and can take on most of the sportscars out there, including a Vette C5-Z06.

The latest round of uber-sedans have most of it down... except maybe the payments :(
- BMW M5 if you MUST have a stick-shift
- Audi RS6 if twin-turbo racers are your thing (SWC-GT class leader!)
- AMG E55 if you just want to be FAST

Or go with a 03 S600 and a rentech ecu for 4500 bucks.. and you have a sedan that will run 11's all day long :cool:

Back