• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fox News recommends seeing 'Fahrenheit 9/11'

Just when I thought the world was completely divided, now this....:confused: :confused:

Fox News: 'Fahrenheit 9/11' Gets Standing Ovation

"It turns out to be a really brilliant piece of work, and a film that members of all political parties should see without fail.

As much as some might try to marginalize this film as a screed against President George Bush, "F9/11" — as we saw last night — is a tribute to patriotism, to the American sense of duty...."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

So much for their days of spouting propoganda....apparently they can actually be objective when they want to....

Old Mikey is a dick and I will not watch his movies.

Eric5273 said:
Just when I thought the world was completely divided, now this....:confused: :confused:

Fox News: 'Fahrenheit 9/11' Gets Standing Ovation

"It turns out to be a really brilliant piece of work, and a film that members of all political parties should see without fail.

As much as some might try to marginalize this film as a screed against President George Bush, "F9/11" — as we saw last night — is a tribute to patriotism, to the American sense of duty...."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

So much for their days of spouting propoganda....apparently they can actually be objective when they want to....

Old Mikey is a dick and I will not watch his movies.

I will not support anything from that far out liberal Deathocrat. Every time I see any of his books or movies, I flip them upside down and cover them up with others. :)

What are ya new?

Fox News is reporting on what people said...It's not lile it's a fox news editorial..

anyway to the Moore haters you should give the new movie a look. It's quite a bit different than Columbine and he's really not in it as much. Much of the video speaks for itself

Here's the movie trailer:

http://www.fahrenheit911.com/trailer/

f911-home-interim_03.jpg

satan_srv said:
anyway to the Moore haters you should give the new movie a look.
I have never seen a Moore movie, nor read a book of his, so I can't say I hate him based on those past accomplishments. I can say that I don't need this movie of his to help shape my sense of patriotism or American sense of duty. The feelings I have toward those beliefs have been forged from history, the appreciation for what I have, and from what our country has to offer and has provided in the way of opportunity.

That said, while I would typically watch a historical movie, I won't watch his. He's displayed to me too many times on talk news, or stunts like the Academy Awards, that he uses his accomplishments from his field of expertise (movie making) to create a political pulpit for himslef in order to force his views upon others, taking away from the reason I and others have tuned in.

Anyone can argue whether he's a moron or not, but you can't argue with my right to choose. I choose not.

KGP said:
I have never seen a Moore movie, nor read a book of his, so I can't say I hate him based on those past accomplishments. I can say that I don't need this movie of his to help shape my sense of patriotism or American sense of duty. The feelings I have toward those beliefs have been forged from history, the appreciation for what I have, and from what our country has to offer and has provided in the way of opportunity.

That said, while I would typically watch a historical movie, I won't watch his. He's displayed to me too many times on talk news, or stunts like the Academy Awards, that he uses his accomplishments from his field of expertise (movie making) to create a political pulpit for himslef in order to force his views upon others, taking away from the reason I and others have tuned in.

Anyone can argue whether he's a moron or not, but you can't argue with my right to choose. I choose not.

That's ignorance, I'm sorry.

At least intelligent people that despise his movies and views still listen to him, watch his movies and then decide why he is wrong and can communicate it.

What if all those criteria that you base your sense of patriotism and duty are falling apart? History isn't going to save the future.

Last edited:
History isn't going to save the future.
BS. It is what we as a society use to base our current and future decisions upon. You need not worry about my convictions, or offer a prop to my sense of country or patriotism. You would find you cause better served in assisting youths without a clue.

That's ignorance... At least intelligent people...still listen to him
That's me. Ignorant and stupid, but I am a happy and sucessful moron. Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say I wouldn't listen to him. I love watching him make an idiot of himself on news channels. I just won't donate my hard earned dollars to see his movie. You see, in this country, government can't dictate to us where we spend ALL our money. At least not yet.

You are correct......and most people certainly do think like you. They base patriotism/nationalism on past history and not on current events. And America certainly does have a glorious history and much to be proud of. Just imagine if you had lived in Germany during the late 1930s......I'm sure you would have been just as patriotic as you are now. :)

Nationalism is what has allowed evil to flourish in this world. Without nationalism, 90% of wars in the history of the world would not have taken place. Take a listen to the song "Imagine" by John Lennon sometime. ;)

Nationalism is what has allowed evil to flourish in this world.
But our Consitution and democracy itself are great balancers.

You are correct......and most people certainly do think like you.
Good thing! Else we would be in trouble. :D I didn't say current events were not important. Rather, when evaluating current events, history plays a role.

Take a listen to the song "Imagine" by John Lennon sometime.
Can't. Busy being a marketplace Nazi in the free moments I have when I'm not trying to meet payroll and create new jobs. :p

Last edited:
Eric5273 said:

Guh?

You are (I gather) critical of Fox News for presenting biased views. In the same thread you are promoting a movie of footage that has been thoroughly edited to fit one man's personal agenda. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm not going to waste my time watching either.

Is there any new information in this movie not already out there on every anti-bush or 911 conspiracy website, information that is available for free. Nobody should have to pay Michael Moore to tell them what to think. Moore is already living plenty fat (literally) living off the big business model he likes to criticize.

KGP said:
History isn't going to save the future.
BS. It is what we as a society use to base our current and future decisions upon. You need not worry about my convictions, or offer a prop to my sense of country or patriotism. You would find you cause better served in assisting youths without a clue.

You need to get your argument straight. Making decisions based on past history is all fine and dandy and that wasn't what we are talking about, but you are using history as a reason to have a closed mind. Based on your theory if bunch of really bad things happen you won't believe it until after it happens. I'm not worrying about you I'm just having a discussion.

That's me. Ignorant and stupid, but I am a happy and sucessful moron. Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say I wouldn't listen to him. I love watching him make an idiot of himself on news channels. I just won't donate my hard earned dollars to see his movie. You see, in this country, government can't dictate to us where we spend ALL our money. At least not yet.

I'm not calling you stupid, that came out the wrong way I guess. Anyway, I can understand you not wanting to give him your hard earned money, but I find it amusing you comment that the gov't can't dictate where you spend your money; yet you base your opinion of Michael Moore on information you get from news channels which are influenced by corporate and gov't interests, and often frame the news for you with a slant already built in. So I guess gov't is telling you were to spend your money. :p

Joel, who is also dumb and successful but Canadian so the gov't takes all my money

KGP said:
Nationalism is what has allowed evil to flourish in this world.
But our Consitution and democracy itself are great balancers.

This country hasn't had democracy in my lifetime. And as far as the consitution, they are starting to stomp all over that one too.

You forget that Germany had democracy in the 1930s also. And Iraq had democracy in the 1970s. And there are many other examples as well.

You cannot have democracy without an informed public. As long as those who are elected have influence in the control of information, there is no democracy. What we have here is closer to fascism (control of the government by big business). And the media? They are owned by the same big corporations.

Unless we go back to having a completely independent media (as we once had in this country many years ago), we will not get back to the routes of democracy.

I do agree that Micheal Moore uses his documentary to convey his opinion, but at least he admits to it and also he does it in a very interesting, sometimes convincing ways. I can't blame some of you for not liking him as he could sometimes be on the extreme but you can't deny that he does have good skills in making documentary.

I give him credit for making something that is very well constructed and respect him whole a lot more than those who just make comments such as "Nuke Iraq".

Well, we do have something close to an independant information source, it's our beloved internet with tons of independant information sources and countless bloggers. The problem then becomes assessing credibilty of the source. Farenheit 911 is not an independant film, it is a money making venture by a large movie company headed by rich white men. Eric should be against this :p

But mostly I think Moore's film will be about making fun of the Bush administration. I can't say for sure because I haven't seen it, but I know it has footage of Bush talking funny, and Wolfowitz licking his comb (actually that does sound kind of funny). But editing film to make people look stupid is an old trick. They do it on the Daily Show every night. And like I said, I don't think there will be any new information in the movie that is not already out there. Moore's film will not get my money, I need it for FI.

dlongo said:
I don't think there will be any new information in the movie that is not already out there.

You are probably right. But up to now, much of that information has only been available on independent websites. Much of this stuff is out there, but often not believed, by the public. Seeing actual video footage of the same things will convince people of things that they had not believed prior to seeing the film.

We live in an era of television, and reading something on the internet or in the newspaper is not good enough for most people to believe. They have to see it with their own eyes. And unfortunately, there are no independent television stations these days -- only the corporate owned networks.

Myself, I tend to not agree with Moore about many things. So when I watch the movie, I will watch it for its great content and I will listen to his opinions with much skepticism and disagreement.

Michael Moore is a genius filmmaker, and if you choose to not watch of his films because your have personal beef against him then you are missing out on a potentially great movie. Judging by his past "movies," I cannot refer to Moore as an historical documentarian, but as an filmmaker, he's top notch.

BTW, the U.S. government does not and has never operated a democracy, it has always been a republic. A lot of people throw the word "democracy" around without fully understanding what it truly means. If they understood it, they would realize that they're probably not advocates of its purest form--a plattform where every matter is decided by a majority vote.

dlongo said:
They do it on the Daily Show every night. And like I said, I don't think there will be any new information in the movie that is not already out there. Moore's film will not get my money, I need it for FI.

Too true. But at least the Daily Show doesnt attempt to come across as informative, or hope to sway anybody. They make fun of politics purely for the comedy inherent in it. At least they have sense enough to pin it to both sides equally.
IMHO Moore is the "Kyle's Mom" of the entertainment world, preaching to anyone who will listen about what they should think.
Comparing the NRA to the KKK did it for me, He'll never see a penny from me. That is... unless i throw it at him from afar

ak said:
I do agree that Micheal Moore uses his documentary to convey his opinion, but at least he admits to it and also he does it in a very interesting, sometimes convincing ways. I can't blame some of you for not liking him as he could sometimes be on the extreme but you can't deny that he does have good skills in making documentary.

If it's not objective it's not really a documentary anymore....Moore makes 'Movies' nowadays

dlongo said:
[BFarenheit 911 is not an independant film, it is a money making venture by a large movie company headed by rich white men. [/B]

Agreed but to be completely independent no one will hear your message. A band like Rage Against the Machine always campaigned for social issues and injustice in public and their music but they were signed to a big label and had major distribution.

Back