• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Frank Lloyd Wright Take 2 Photos

The weather held out and we had a great time with a group of old and new friends :cool: Carla did a great job planning the event everything starting with Friday nights meet and greet went smoothly and another benefit is it also including some great restaurant choices with some fantastic food. We had a fun ride to two different homes that were designed by FLW. We first visited the Kentuck Knob House and then his architectural masterpiece Falling Water. Both homes offered amazing photo opportunities (unfortunately no interior photos are allowed) and the guides at both locations had colorful stories to tell. With Hurricane Sandy and some potential for snow scheduled to arrive during the weekend several members came with their other Hondas and Acuras. Don and Carla led the group for some very spirited rides up and down twisting , turning roads which made the trip to each location exciting and fun!

DSC07784-X2.jpg

DSC07785-X2.jpg

DSC07794-X2.jpg

DSC07806-X2.jpg

DSC07818-X2.jpg

DSC07813-X2.jpg

DSC07925-X2.jpg

DSC07916-X2.jpg

DSC07858-X2.jpg

DSC07878-X2.jpg

DSC07884-X2.jpg

DSC07973-XL.jpg

Kentuc-Knob-House-X3.jpg

DSC08119-X2.jpg

DSC08264-X2.jpg

DSC08156-X2.jpg

DSC08174-X2.jpg

DSC08210-X2.jpg

DSC08189-X2.jpg

DSC08223-X3.jpg

DSC08239-X3.jpg

DSC08251-X2.jpg

DSC08300-X2.jpg

DSC08301-X2.jpg

DSC08299-X2.jpg

DSC08296-X2.jpg

DSC08298-X2.jpg

DSC08308-X2.jpg

DSC08313-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to Carla & Don for another great week end and to Alan & Roberta for taking the photos. Nice to see old friends and meeting some new ones:biggrin:

Great shots and LOTS of fun!! Nice to meet up again with the Buffalo Stampede III group and meet new members. I'll post some pics once I get them organized and a BIG THANKS to Don & Carla for organizing such a great weekend.

Great pictures, sorry we missed it, Hope that everyone is safe and stays that way!!!

The don sporting my favorite nsx sweater.

Thanks for the pics and organizing the whole event!

Wonder if the R&T guys would rather have been driving German or Japanese? :tongue:

Many thanks to the folks from the Northeast for staging this wonderful event, especially Don and Carla for organizing it as well as Alan for the memorable photographs.

I hope everyone returning east had a safe journey and that their homes and loved ones are safe.

Great photos! I actually proposed to my (ex) wife there. Amazing place.

Many thanks to the folks from the Northeast for staging this wonderful event, especially Don and Carla for organizing it as well as Alan for the memorable photographs.
+1
Fallingwater has been on my bucket-list for a long time, so this was great.

In addition, despite the rain, stopping at the Flight 93 Memorial on the way home had a special meaning for me. I visited the wall piece with the name of a co-worker engraved on it. Then, looking at the pictures of the flight attendants, I got a bit choked up when I recognized 4 of them. :frown: I used to take a United flight to San Francisco every third Monday morning, and so they often worked those flights.

PS I just got power back Wednesday evening, so I'm still playing catch-up. I have a photo or two I'll add to Alan's collection.

I've got some nice pics but not sure how to post them all as I don't use photo bucket, etc. I can email them to someone and they can post them, or perhaps include step by step directions - LOL.

I am so sorry I couldn't make this trip, looks like everyone had a great time...Wish I was there.

It is definitely on my bucket list and I will get there one day!

Tytus

Just got my new Road & Track mag with the article they were doing on the BMW/MERC.... at Kentuck Knob. They have a photo with the cars parked out front of the Kentuck Knob house. Pretty cool.

Can you post a link to the article or post the picture? Thanks.

Back