• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Free key fob

It is not as easy as will it work on a 95. It will only work on a remote key brain
with the same number 50600023. So if your current key fob has another number
on it other than
50600023 it won't work. These old key fobs aren't re-programable.
They are ROM and can only be programmed once. Modern key fobs are EPROMs or
programmable read only memory.

Apparently one of the former owners of my car bought this fob off ebay and thought it
could be re-programmed. I'm not expecting someone to respond that actually has the
same fob, one in a million chance, but no harm in trying.

Chase_Acura a forum member is ordering me another fob. I'll have to wait a month
but you can still get them.

Last edited:
It is not as easy as will it work on a 95. It will only work on a remote key brain
with the same number 50600023. So if your current key fob has another number
on it other than
50600023 it won't work. These old key fobs aren't re-programable.
They are ROM and can only be programmed once. Modern key fobs are EPROMs or
programmable read only memory.

Apparently one of the former owners of my car bought this fob off ebay and thought it
could be re-programmed. I'm not expecting someone to respond that actually has the
same fob, one in a million chance, but no harm in trying.

Chase_Acura a forum member is ordering me another fob. I'll have to wait a month
but you can still get them.
Ahhh thanks anyway for the info.

I spent a few hours researching the subject yesterday. 1999 Acura seems like would be
pretty high tech? Well no, NSX came with a cassette player when I bought my first CD player in 1984.

Thanks for posting that info. There is a way to program to changes code to the unit and kinda messes with all that when needing a new remote for unit. I advise not trying plus still only program one remote, impossible to program 2 diff remotes, and have to be same serial #.

Back