• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Friday - JGTC Warmup sessions

Speed Ventures rented Cal Speedway this Friday for their track event. Rumor has it that the JGTC guys are going to have a practice session around lunch time, and another one right after the SV event. Could be an opportunity to see the cars up close without a lot of people around, take pictures, etc. I'm assuming Saturday and Sunday are going to be a madhouse with lots of fans everywhere.

The Speed Ventures event on Friday is sold out in terms of entering a car, but I'm sure you can get in to watch the JGTC guys for a nominal fee. The red group might also be interesting to watch, as the following cars are entered:

10 Radicals
1 Turbo Radical
Skyline GTR - (fully race-prepped car, slicks)
Viper GTS - (full race prep, not sure what series)
GT3 Cup Car - (2004, slicks)
Trans-Am Series car - (brand new, don't know what kind (does it matter?))
Buscher Evo - (Fuller - 1:24's at Streets on RA-1's!! and I think he's bringing slicks to CS)
F360GT - (factory, slicks)
Wurth Ultima (350hp, DOT-R)
K&N Ultima (650hp, slicks)
The Flamemobile
S2000 - (Hazelton, slicks)
S2000 - (Kennedy, slicks)
S2000 - (Rauch, slicks)
RSX - (slicks, 450hp)
Van Diemen
Lister
All American Racers Gurney Eagle F1 (1970)
996TT - (slicks)
Swift
Formula Zetec
Factory Nissan 350Z Grand Am - (Maybe Boris Said)
Factory Nissan 350Z Grand Am Car #2
Factory Nissan 350Z Grand Am Car #3

I'm trying to convince Speed Ventures to run a short 8 lap race with the red group, but so far it is just a time trial day.

I'll be there on Saturday giving demo rides to fans who win some raffle thingy on the infield course before lunch and in between the qualifying/race session of the JGTC big boy cars. I think there are about 15 NASA/TCRA cars that are doing this to get the fans more interested in road racing. Stop by and say hi! The Pulp Trailer should be somewhere in the vendor area by the Touring Car Racing Association tent.

I won't be there on Sunday (unless they let me run in the JGTC sprint race. :) )

-Doug

Back