• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fried my new stewart warner shift light. Help!

I installed a new Blue LED shift light w digital RPM readout and there were 3 wires. Black for obvious ground, red for 12volt, and then the green for Tach signal (must me negative tach out). So what I did was trace the tach output from the engine bay next to the passenger side fan and found that the wire goes to the cluster harness on the drivers side of the cluster. I then proceeded to tap into it for the stewart warner shift light and I must have fried the shift light! Note instructions says "NO HIGH OUTPUT CAPACITIVE DISCHARGE IGNITION SYSTEMS). Isn't that what the nsx is???

The wire I believe you taped into is a RPM output from the ECU and it not part of the ignition system. It is unlikelly you fried your shift light since it is a low level signal. You will have to get with the MFG of the shift light to see how it needs to be connected. You may have to buy some kind of pick up or amplifier to make it work.

Back