• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

From L.A. to La. ......I got mine...hooray!!!!

Well, thanks to eveyone who encouraged me to drive my NSX from So. Cal. home to the New Orleans area....it was a great trip...Tues. 4/18/06, the seller, Stephan, picked me up at the hotel and we headed to the bank. After paying it off, and turning over 51k for a car, I began wondering if I'd done the right thing. I let him drive it from the bank to his house, he was glad for one last chance. That's him in the pic.

2000 nsx-t bilstien shocks on lowered perch sway bars ro-ja wheels 18" front 19" rear had 19,400 on it....now has 22,100

Attachments

• Picture 423.jpg
    Picture 423.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
All doubt was erased when I was waiting to turn from his subdivision and two dump trucks breaked hard to stop and let me out...wanted to watch I guess....wow!
On to the open road.....cruising about 80mph and going uphill next to an 18 wheeler, a vette climbed on my ass and wouldn't back off even though I sped up....well...down the hill I saw a 65mph sign for a curve . I downshifted, went to about 5700 rpm, entered the curve at 90, and came out at about 130, looked in my mirror....the Vette was just entering my field of vision around the bend...OMG!....what a feeling! Pic is Vette at Ken. fried chicken...guy wouldn't pose for pic...hahahahahahahahahahah

Attachments

• Picture 428.jpg
    Picture 428.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 359
Same day...next stop....Patton museum...bathroom, and a Coke. The tanks were there, seemed like a good photo op. As I was walking back to the parking lot, a guy pulls up and asks what year my NSX was, got out to look, and said he used to be a Farrari dealer and has been looking for a NSX...told him about nsxprime. He said " I've got to have one...there are faster cars, but none sexier". Or more fun I added...he agreed. That's Les...He didn't mind posing for the pic.

Attachments

• Picture 425.jpg
    Picture 425.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 335
  • Picture 424.jpg
    Picture 424.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 262
Will finish posts later today...god...what a car

I'm glad to hear you drove it home, and it affected you as expected. :smile:

Congrats. I'm so jealouse. I have loved the NSX for years now and yellow has become my favorite. Still not ready to lay the funding down but hopefully in the next 24 months if things go as planned. Congrats again from one jealous Florida dude.

Great story and great purchase.......Enjoy.......Steve

Day 2 was a long drive and uneventfull, I started about 9:30 AM, mountain time I think, (New Mexico), and arrived at 2 Thursday morning in Houston.
I only sped in spurts at first...145mph was the fastest on a straight open road during the day with no other cars in site. The one picture I took was at a rest stop...just thought the red and yellow made a good pic.

Attachments

• Picture 427.jpg
    Picture 427.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 240
Day 3, I left Houston about 11 am and stopped only for gas, bathroom, and food breaks. I got to Baton Rouge around 4 and stopped at the LSU campus to have dinner with my son, Matt. He and his friends were of course duly impressed. Leaving Baton Rouge there's an onramp to I-10 surrounded by sound wall and an overpass. I brought the revs up to 6K and screamed...amazingly though never exceeding the speed limit. The last time I heard a sound like that was at the Long Beach Grand Prix Indy race...it was unreal. About 6:30 I pulled into my office, wrote an offer for a client, and took one of my agents riding...yes, and let her drive a little...she loved it as much as me.
I couldn't stop though, Then spent Sat. and Sun. carving up winding 2 lane roads between New Orleans and Jackson Ms.about 200 miles. All in all, a very satisfying experience. This car is all I expected...I LOVE IT!

PICS
1. my son at the LSU campus...GO TIGERS
2. My sister in law Ann on left (my right) and Karla, one of my favorite agents.
3.My office manager and all around wonderful person...Serena
4.Another agent and my go to guy...well girl......Melissa
5.The agent who loves my car as much as I do....Sherri...woohoo!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for holding down the fort while I was gone...couldn't have done it without ya'll. You all mean a great deal to me.

Attachments

• Picture 430.jpg
    Picture 430.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 268
  • Picture 431.jpg
    Picture 431.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 328
  • Picture 434.jpg
    Picture 434.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 242
  • Picture 435.jpg
    Picture 435.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 264
  • Picture 433.jpg
    Picture 433.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Congralation. It's always nice reading stories from their first time experience in the NSX. You should expect more joy, more compliment, and more smile with the car. It comes with the car :)

I love that color, it really stands out when you see it in person. Congrats on your new purchase.

Congraulations! Boy did you not "break in" your new ride :tongue: I'd have to say no better way though. I have a yellow one, and it's by far to me the best color for this car YEOW!
You didn't give any stats on the car. Year? mileage? wheels?

Great story, glad to read of someone else who drove theirs cross country. I am leaving on thursday to go pick up mine in El Paso and driving it 3 days back to Detroit. The next 3 days until then will be the longest of my life. I can't wait!....but I have already waited 5-6 years, so whats another 3 days?

Beautiful car - great pics!!!

congrats on the purchase and what a nice car/color combo you got there.

:smile: Great story, sexy yellow NSX, and congrats. on your new purchase. We all feel the same way when we first bought NSX and we still feel the same way right now........:biggrin: It is an imazing machine since day one.

Back