• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front Bay Cleanup

kkt

Experienced Member
Spent some time cleaning the front bay area.

7845frontbay.jpg

That looks awesome. Almost showroom. Having recently replaced my battery, I'm surprised how clean the front bay, as well as the engine bay for that matter stays clean. However I'm now entertaining thoughts of doing a detail job on both. I know a lot members on here recommend "Simple Green" for cleaning the surfaces. Just curious what route you went? Thanks.

Looks great! I'm actually suprised how many people on here arent detail freaks with their NSX's. I plan on posting loads of pictures of before/after detail shots of the X.

Anyway, did you get the polished caps from dali?

Thank you to all.

svalleynsx said:
Just curious what route you went? Thanks.
Using a lot of patience, especially in all the nooks and crannies, I wiped the bay down with a water damp chamois, Q-Tips, and no chemicals except for plastics and rubber protectives.
Although my fears may be unfounded, I'm just too scared to try some of the other techniques.

da3dalus said:
Anyway, did you get the polished caps from dali?
da3dalus, PM sent on the caps.

Last edited:
Kevin, that looks awsome. I thought I was doing a good job keeping my front bay clean, but I haven't gone through the trouble of getting in between all the nooks and crannies like you did:eek: I'm going to have to go back in there and clean mine up more:biggrin:

Hell, my interior is not that clean!!!! Nice job!!!:cool:

what kinda battery is that?

That looks like a lot of space for a subwoofer box to be ported into the cabin... :biggrin:

Nice pics!! :cool:

I see you are a fellow '94 White/Black owner as well....what VIN# are you?

holy crap!!!:eek:

Thank you to all for the comments.

Can you tell us the parts that were looking at here?
Be glad to, please see the parts list below:
1. Chrome Finish Radiator Brackets.
2. SoS Polished Fuse Box, Relay Box, and Fluid Reservoir Covers.
3. SoS Anodized Radiator Duct and CF Duct Panel.

how do you access the battery with your set up?

There is narrowly enough room behind the duct to reach the battery terminals (pic below). IMO access would also depend on the type of battery and where the terminals are located. If the battery needs to be replaced, then either the duct must be removed or the tray dropped. Thankfully, my battery has been a low maintenance component, and I have a battery tender with easy to connect extension leads.

battery.jpg

Last edited:
OMG! I didn't realize how nice the front bay can be. Damn it now I gotta spend more money :).

It looks spectacular for something almost no one will see. :tongue:

Dammit that looks amazing - I finished my s2k engine bay sorta like what you did but didn't think you can do anything to the NSX like that....grrr

May I ask roughly what that set you back? I love the look though!

rick

Rick, you're digging up a lot of old posts these days, huh? :biggrin:

Yes, his engine bay is indeed, B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l...

Back