• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front Emblem

Today I was doing some work on my NSX when my son noticed that the front emblem on my 1991 NSX was missing. I'm not sure what happened to it. I'm not sure if the emblem insert fell off (due to age) or someone pried it out. Thoughts? I swear this morning it was on the car, but then I left it unattended for ~2hrs and then began working on the car which is when it was noticed. For reference, the rest of the car is unmolested.

Fortunately, the part is available from dealers, but does anyone know how to properly replace it. I see posts of multiple people changing out their front emblems with different ones. Any tips?

Attachments

• P1020960.jpg
    P1020960.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 199
I'm thinking it may have fallen off. Just because if someone was to steal it I think they would have taken the entire thing.

Last edited:
Tape around badge with painter tape. Use Hair dryer or heat gun. Slowly heat up the badge to soften adhesive. slide dental floss behind badge. Saw it off slowly.
Clean
Wax
Apply new badge

That's how I did when I swap over to the H badge.

I had the same thing happen to me a year or two ago - the part of the emblem that's missing flew past the windshield on the way home one night.
I purchased a new emblem for my '91 from a dealer but had Rob Magro put it on. I don't know if yours is the same or not but mine had two pins that went through the bumper with clips on the other side so the bumper had to be removed to attach the new one. What a pain...

Sounds like the from the comments on this forum that the emblem must have fallen apart and I simply didn't notice separating while driving. I did go and recheck the remnant and it does look like the adhesive that remains is actually powdery in texture.

From the looks on the parts diagram, the emblem is attached with pins on our '91's. Guess this may turn into a bigger job than I had anticipated.

Tape around badge with painter tape. Use Hair dryer or heat gun. Slowly heat up the badge to soften adhesive. slide dental floss behind badge. Saw it off slowly.
Clean
Wax
Apply new badge

That's how I did when I swap over to the H badge.

Wouldn't the wax reduce the adhesion of the new badge?

Wouldn't the wax reduce the adhesion of the new badge?
Nope. Going on 3yrs plus. Still very secured and stucked down. Its not going anywhere. You may skip the wax part if you would like. But it doesn't hurt to do so.

From the looks on the parts diagram, the emblem is attached with pins on our '91's. Guess this may turn into a bigger job than I had anticipated.

Actually it won't. Those pins will be "sawed" through as well and will just drop down leaving the holes ready to go for the new emblem.

Back