• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front license plate mounting

Hello NSX Prime! I'm currently in the works to purchase a 2002 NSX, so I'll be joining in on all the great threads soon!

In the meantime, can someone answer a quick question for me? The NSX that I am buying currently has a front OEM license plate on it. I haven't seen the car in person yet, so I'm wondering how this frame is attached to the car? Is it mounted directed to the front bumper? If I remove it, will there be mounting holes exposed that will need a plug of some sort?

Thanks!

It is mounted in the opening of the front bumper. You can remove the license plat frame/bracket thing pretty easily and it leaves no gaping holes to plug.

SOSfront frame

Buy an SOS adjustable license plate frame. You can put it up so it won't block airflow when you go to the racetrack.

Mine came with the oem bracket when I purchased it. I removed it and though, there are no holes that show, you might find that it left some marks in the paint on your bumper. I bought the SOS bracket. Money well spent.

Back