• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front Lip Options for Pre 02 NSX

Hi All,

I am looking into a front lip for my nsx...

I have looked a bit but the choices seems very limited...

Other than the shine lips (2 versions) do I have any other choices for my pre 02 nsx?

I really want a NSX R wing but I feel like without a front lip the wing may look a bit out of place... (Thoughts???)

Any feedback is appreciated...

Thanks in advanced...

The Wings West (WW) front lip looks good, with sideskirts and 02+ rear valence, but it's really up to you. The benefit to the WW front lip and sideskirt is the material (polyurethane), which can take a beating, especially with on lowered NSX.

The Shine lip doesn't necessary need aftermarket sideskirts since it sits pretty much like your factory piece. When it comes down to it... your car, your choice; just as long as you're satisfied.

I've seen NSXs with the Type-R style spoiler without any additions to the body, and it still looks good, but that's me. Good luck! :cool:

Thanks for the feedback...

Anyone work with the Dali front Lip in the past? How is the fitment?

Any other options other than the ones provided by SOS, WW, and Dali?

Thanks again...

To me the Type r wing looks out of place if u don't have the 02 rear or any kind of spats.

all in all the wings west kit never fails unless you have money for widebody! :D

To me the Type r wing looks out of place if u don't have the 02 rear or any kind of spats.

all in all the wings west kit never fails unless you have money for widebody! :D

Agree with the first part, disagree with the latter (I hate the wide body kits :D)

I think a good conservative approach is the Type R wing (hood too IMO, love the Type R hood and it has function as well), the WW lip and then Stacy side skirts and rear spats (or the WW which are basically the same shape, just urethane instead of fiberglass, so more durable, but prone to sag over time) Downforce sells the Stacy sides (which I prefer to the WW honestly), but the rear spats are lost to history I think

Last edited:
Agree with the first part, disagree with the latter (I hate the wide body kits :D)

I think a good conservative approach is the Type R wing (hood too IMO, love the Type R hood and it has function as well), the WW lip and then Stacy side skirts and rear spats (or the WW which are basically the same shape, just urethane instead of fiberglass, so more durable, but prone to sag over time) Downforce sells the Stacy sides (which I prefer to the WW honestly), but the rear spats are lost to history I think

the stacy sides are by far the best looking side skirts for the nsx :)

Totally agree... plus they started as a fabrication project by a fellow Primer which is awesome 'grass roots' history :cool:

I try very hard to preserve my skirts and spats :D Good that DownForce bought the rights and makes the sides still. Not sure why not the spats.

The wings west lip is the best IMO

Its eurethane flexiable and forgiving

Its no lower then the stock lip but gives a more aggressive look

Couldn't disagree more. :smile:
I hate the infamous Stacy's "hump" as it transitions from the body to the sideskirt. Totally messes up the factory line... Those that get it modified to smooth it out... that's the best looking IMO.

I have the Wings West Skirts, and though I love the look, though the urethane sags over time and it looks horrible after a few years..

Couldn't disagree more. :smile:
I hate the infamous Stacy's "hump" as it transitions from the body to the sideskirt. Totally messes up the factory line... Those that get it modified to smooth it out... that's the best looking IMO.

I have the Wings West Skirts, and though I love the look, though the urethane sags over time and it looks horrible after a few years..

I know what you mean, and I also find that a bit jarring... But Ive seen plenty of Wings West skirts in person and they look pretty much the same to me.

You can see it really clearly in the lower picture here:

http://www.autosportz.com/bodykits_91_00_nsx_wings_west.htm

I've had my car next to a Wings West car and they looked pretty identical in that neither skirt is *really* a clean transition (sometimes makes me want to go back to OEM honestly, but thats a different story :) )

On top of that, they sag. The sagging is definitely something anyone going WW has to pre-empt by mounting them more securely.

Pre-'02 skirts are deeply contoured and scalloped inwards (concave) whereas the '02 skirts are bowed outwards (convex).

Posted from my iPhone

Back