• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front splitters?

This is the Driving Ambition splitter/sealed undertray. It was Kip Olson's, now mine. How well does it work? When we installed it the first time, I did some high speed testing and discovered it was literally pulling itself down and pulling the mounting bolts out of my front bodywork. Thats what I call downforce. As I type this Shad is reconfiguring the attachment points to make it 'Rob proof'. Hopefully it will be ready in time for my track day this Friday at Infineon.
photo-31.jpg

Is it just me or do these canards look like they are on backwards (wrong side)? Aren't they supposed to get wider in the rear and not the front? I'm also wondering are they even necessary with a splitter like the one you have?

Canards help guide the air around the front wheels and the side. They have a different purpose than the splitter and work in conjunction. Sum is greater than the parts. ;)

sent from my crappy cell phone.

Canards help guide the air around the front wheels and the side. They have a different purpose than the splitter and work in conjunction. Sum is greater than the parts. ;)

So how come you don't have any?

So how come you don't have any?

Looks. Don't get me wrong, I think this car looks fantastic. But I choose to be stealth - it's still a street car. I will do what ever I can to improve the performance, as long as it remains stock-ish looks wise. :cool: My long splitter gets changed out to the short one as soon as get back from the track. When I had my APR wing, I changed back to OEM unless I knew I was going back to the track the next weekend.

Unless you are building a track car, everything is a compromise.

Last edited:
hah, I lost the battle of track car vs street car a while ago. I refuse to drive it here in LA where I live, too many idiots and theives. Its tucked safely away in a garage with the exception on the 530am freeway run to the local tracks. Ive added some threaded studs to the mounting on the rad support and reenforced the lips mounting points too. I also put in provisions onto the splitter itself for splitter posts that will be secured directly to the metal crash beam behind the bumper skin. I want to make sure its secure as possible.

Back