• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front Turn Signal Lens Removal

After getting tired of seeing water build up in the front turn signal lens (and turn a nasty yellow color) I bought a new lens for replacement. In removing the lens, everthing was going well until it wouldn't come out. After searching the forum I found a diagram that show a 'Holding Pin" that I don't know how to get to: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/1991-1992_parts_catalog/1-h8.jpg

I've seached the FAQ and couldn't find any reference to removing/replacing this lens. Does anyone have some advice? I really don't want to take the entire front bumper off.

Thanks

Jim (who wishing he was going to the NSXPO this weekend but the job got in the way).

After removing the screw that holds the lens to the bumper, you should be able to move it around ie side to side. You should be able to push the side that has the clip in, this will bring the screw side out. From this point on you just have to "play" with it a bit so you can remove the lens. To complete remove the lens you will habe to disconnect the socket with the bulb.

Hope this helps

Bram

JAMMAN said:
After getting tired of seeing water build up in the front turn signal lens (and turn a nasty yellow color) I bought a new lens for replacement. In removing the lens, everthing was going well until it wouldn't come out. After searching the forum I found a diagram that show a 'Holding Pin" that I don't know how to get to: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/1991-1992_parts_catalog/1-h8.jpg

I've seached the FAQ and couldn't find any reference to removing/replacing this lens. Does anyone have some advice? I really don't want to take the entire front bumper off.

Thanks

Jim (who wishing he was going to the NSXPO this weekend but the job got in the way).

Bram's right. The screws are accessed from the understide by a long phillips screwdriver on the 'central side' of the signals, You can then 'push to the outside, and pivot them outwards to remove. HTH.

Also remember that the bulb is not readily available at the autoparts store, they will have one that fits, but is it not as bright, it is an OEM bulb only.

HTH,
LarryB

Back