• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FS: NSX 6 speed Transmission

For Sale:

Acura NSX 6 speed gearbox (Manual Tansmission) that has less than 6,000 original miles on it, and is in excellent condition!

It was removed from a 1999 NSX and replaced with a racing duty setup transmission.

Their were absolutly NO problems with it.

The gearbox has been looked after by the best Acura professionals.

Also included in the sale are the two back up light and neutral position switches.

This gearbox is an excellent candidate for those of you with 1992 cars in the "snap ring" range, And for those of you that want to do the upgrade from a 5 to a 6 speed, as I did on my car.

This might be a better option than getting a 5 speed replacement and doing the upgrade installation of the JDM (japaneese spec) short gears, and/or R&P. Which is a desirable upgrade for both normally aspirated and forced induction NSX's, BUT this also has the higher 6th gear for those long periods on the highway, thus giving lower RPM's, lower fatigue on the engine, and better fuel economy while at cruize And the accelleration in the lower gears while on the street from light to light, or while on the racetrack.

Other "donor" gearboxes for such short gear "upgrades" could be unknown as to the integrity of many of the Other major internal components not usually replaced.

Please note, if you are buying this to upgrade from a 5 speed, there are several other components that also need to be upgraded.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to email me.

As seen on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872886267

I checked the link to Ebay out of curiosity and found the bid to be at $3,950 and noted to be below the reserve. I found this interesting as I bought a brand new, in the box, 6 speed two years ago direct from Acura for less than that.
What kind of racing tranny did you replace it with?

[This message has been edited by TampaBayNSX-R (edited 18 November 2002).]

Hey there, I tried to view your post a few days ago, but site wouldn't display it.

The 6 speed price fluxuates with availability quite a bit depending on the dealer, Comptech etc., or whom ever you get the gearbox from. It seems to range right now from about $5100 to $6800... If you indeed got one for that, you got a great deal. You'd be luck again to do that now, though there some deals out there if you know what dealer might have one on the shelf they'd rather not, also knowing that your going to buy the flywheel for just under $1800 not to mention the pressure plate $340, disk $250, and throwout bearing $150 with maybe 5 hrs of labor. Do those numbers sound close? I also have a flywheel and clutch assembly that I can get if someone were to need it.

take care!!

I actualy bid on the transmission and stopped at my limit.

I called Niello Acura and a new 6 speed is 3950 as of today. This is for new, not rebuilt.

Back