• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fuel injectors cleaning

If you get your injectors cleaned by RC (https://www.rcfuelinjection.com/) they replace 17, 3, 2, & 4, and also the small strainer that isn't shown as a separate part, and ship the old parts back with the injectors. If you buy those parts at the dealership, they'll cost more than the cleaning by RC, so the cleaning is almost free, sort of.

If you clean them yourself, the SM recommends replacing those 4 parts as well. Get them at amayama where they're a lot cheaper. Looking at it myself, I can see how the 2 o-rings should definitely be replaced, but the locating collars ("Seal ring" and "cushion ring") seem like they should be fine if they feel OK.

Tip: Look at the service manual with respect to reinserting the fuel injectors without damaging the new O-rings. I think they have to go in en bloc. Also, have a look at these 2 threads:

Last edited:
The service manual specifies that the cushion ring (part #3) should be replaced along with the seal ring and the O ring.

Check with your injector cleaning service. Sometimes they automatically include replacement seals with the cost of the cleaning service.

Edit If you disconnect the fuel hose from the rails I might be inclined to install new crush washers (#16) on the banjo bolts even though the service manual does not call out for replacement of the washers. If you do not disturb the fuel lines then no need for replacement.

Last edited:
I win, slowpokes! :)

Very surprised the manual does not call for replacement of the crush washers (I think they switched to O-rings on later years) as I thought all crush washers were disposable single-use items. I replaced mine.

Back