• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fuel options in Chicago

Hey Guys,

I need some quality fuel, and was hoping to get some insight from local Chicago guys.

Is there a place to buy 100 Octane from the pump?

Also, any reccomendations on getting some VP, Trick Instant Horsepower, DaeCo, Etc. In 105 or 108 Octane?

I sure appreciate your help.

I live in Streamwood (near Elgin or Shaumburg).

david

Thanks Again !!

They are both close.

I've mapped them and will check them out this week.

I sure appreciate the insight.

david

Hey guys for an update....

I did take the drive to Rte 64 and Rte 47. Thanks ChiTown !! I didn't print and bring your post with me, so I drove past the gas station that you mentioned, thinking their would be some sort of "performance" type shop or repair station. After going all directions 2 miles, I came back and drove past ALL of the pumps... Sure enough one of the last pumps showed 110 Octane. Nice.

I figure this will be a good back up, as it might be in that tank for a while, and not so fresh. But certainly Way better than 93 found elsewhere. I forgot the price, but it seemed reasonable considering how convienient it was having it available 24 hours a day.

Next I drove to Northstar.

They have quite a bit of track gear there, but no fuel.

I had completely forgotten Eurosport or somthing like that.... It's a Porsche shop w/ a few race cars... They're in Bensonville (SouthWest of O'Hare). They don't have fuel, but the gas station accross the street has 100 octane.

Lastly, I got online and checked the VP website. Their Chicago distributer has many flavors of race fuel. Both leaded and unleaded. All available in sealed 5 gallon cans to guarntee freshness. :)

Their phone # is (773) 229-0655.

Thanks again guys !!

Hope to see one of you all soon in a local gathering (does anyone do that out here?) or at the track.

david

Back