• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

fuel pump data

just compiled some data from a few resources of some common pumps people run. bosch 044, aeromotive a1000, and 255hp data is from kinsler, and the new deatschwerks dw301, and aeromotive 340 pumps are claims from the manufacturer. its not my data, but it has always been there i just put it in an easy to see graph.

for big boost(40+psi)/high pressure setups the 044 seems to dominate the category. the new DW301 pump looks promising as a drop in alternative to the walbro 255 flowing over 30 percent more fuel at 50-60psi right where most people need it. i also added the oem audi b5 rs4 fuel pump to the list which interestingly enough outflows the 044 in most pressure ranges, its expensive but very quiet. also added the big boy weldon graphs too.
fuelpumpdata4.jpg

weldonpumps.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice!

I was just reviewing some fuel pump flow data yesterday. Two questions...

What battery voltage were all the tests performed at?

What fluid specific gravity was used to convert some of the pump data to lbs/hr?

Hey Hybrid,

Here is our latest info release for the DW301:

DW301MarketingTechData2.jpg

I don't know how easy it would be to add it to your graph.

Thanks for taking the time to put that together, too. :D

-Chris

Very nice!

I was just reviewing some fuel pump flow data yesterday. Two questions...

What battery voltage were all the tests performed at?

What fluid specific gravity was used to convert some of the pump data to lbs/hr?

the kinsler data(a1000, 044, and 255hp, and all the weldon pumps) was at 13.2 volt, other pumps were 13.5 volt less than 3% difference.

i used 1.58 lb/liter. this seemed to be what RC uses so i went with it.

updated graph with more accurate data from DW(i was just picking points off a graph before), thanks lowflyin. im hoping to see some more "accurate" data from kinsler on these new 340 pumps from aeromotive, seeing as the flow ratings they list on their own website for their other fuel pumps clearly do not agree with actual flow ratings and kinslers data on the same pumps.

im sure some will argue that the data cant be compared exactly 100 percent since its from different testing facilities, i understand that. this is just a quick reference to get an idea of what fuel pump you might need, and to get an idea of where some pumps shine and some dont. the a1000 for example looks like a great n/a pump but for a FI setup not exactly the pump of choice. the 044 obviously a good economical high pressure pump for people trying to get more out of their injectors or running twin with 60+psi.

Back