• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Full Blown Turbo NSX

We finally got the car done and I am super excited about it. I tuned the car this past weekend and it made 506hp on 11psi. There is more in there but I didn't want to push a fresh motor.

Here are the specs of whats done to the car.

FBM Built Motor

Benson Sleeved motor
Custom Arias 9.5 :1 Compression Piston
Pauter Rods
Carbonetics Triple plate Clutch
FBM Fuel Regulator
ID1000s Injectors
FBM Dual Pumps with (2) FB340-2
FBM Custom Exhaust
FBM Custom Single Turbo kit
Precision 6765 JB Turbo
Haltech PS2000 Ecu

I will post more pics and the Dyno Graph soon

wastegate.jpg

exhaust4.jpg

exhaust.jpg

downpipe.jpg

Most guys are using a Precision BB turbo. I'm interested to see how your Precision 67mm journal bearing spools up to max boost compared to the Angus jb 67mm turbo.

Also, I have an injector question. Why is it that 440 to 550 injectors make 400hp but you need to jump to 1000cc injectors for an additional 100hp?

Last edited:
Most guys are using a Precision BB turbo. I'm interested to see how your Precision 67mm journal bearing spools up to max boost compared to the Angus jb 68mm turbo.

Also, I have an injector question. Why is it that 440 to 550 injectors make 400hp but you need to jump to 1000cc injectors for an additional 100hp?

We are running E85 and there is plenty of injector left in it.

You can go 750cc, 880cc what ever you choose to make that additional 100hp. Alot of people will just jump straight to 1000s cause you can tune them down but you cannot tune up an injector besides running more pressure. The ID1000s have made the 1000cc injectors seem small when it comes to tuning.

Last edited:
hey man... thats a ton of boost and your really not gaining anything after 6400-6700 rpm.

I think theres nothing wrong with the kit and good job on the fab work.... if that was my car.. i'd have your tuner or if hes not inhouse/friend I would get a different one and tweek things a bit.

fwiw - my nsx made 550whp at 13 lbs and peak 7400-7600 rpm

correction - no fuel problem.. but you have a problem

either way.. ill bet its a blast to drive... but i would get a new tune or you might not be driving it long.

Regards

Last edited:
hey man... thats a ton of boost and your really not gaining anything after 6400-6700 rpm.

I think theres nothing wrong with the kit and good job on the fab work.... if that was my car.. i'd have your tuner or if hes not inhouse/friend I would get a different one and tweek things a bit.

fwiw - my nsx made 550whp at 13 lbs and peak 7400-7600 rpm

you mat be out of fuel and running lean at the top

either way.. ill bet its a blast to drive... but i would get a new tune or you might not be driving it long.

Regards

Thanks, I am the tuner and there is nothing wrong with the tune. I've got the A/F dead on and the timing is where it needs to be. We are on winter blend e70 and I'm running the a/f pretty fat for ethanol. Also the boost tapers off a few psi up top.

Last edited:
We finally got the car done and I am super excited about it. I tuned the car this past weekend and it made 506hp on 11psi. There is more in there but I didn't want to push a fresh motor.

Here are the specs of whats done to the car.

FBM Built Motor

Benson Sleeved motor
Custom Arias 9.5 :1 Compression Piston
Pauter Rods
Carbonetics Triple plate Clutch
FBM Fuel Regulator
ID1000s Injectors
FBM Dual Pumps with (2) FB340-2
FBM Custom Exhaust
FBM Custom Single Turbo kit
Precision 6765 JB Turbo
Haltech PS2000 Ecu

I will post more pics and the Dyno Graph soon

Thanks, I am the tuner and there is nothing wrong with the tune. I've got the A/F dead on and the timing is where it needs to be. We are on winter blend e70 and I'm running the a/f pretty fat for ethanol. Also the boost tapers off a few psi up top.

ok man.. ur right. you have a/f ratios perfect. while you were rocking 506 at 11 psi.. you went up less than 120 ponies on 8 more lbs of boost. But your air fuel is spot on

your dyno tells me to shift your car at 6400 and ur boost is falling with your hp... not ideal but you maybe you want an up and down curve for no apparent reason...but your air fuel is spot on

other nsx's at 19 lbs are all over 700 and few and far between.. fxmd is over 800 closer to 900 at that boost level - but your air fuel is spot on

you are still on the gas at 7800-8k rpm.. and your 130hp -140 hp less than your peak....but your air fuel is spot on

probably a manual controller or some other easy fix and you have a fullblown monster... or be happy with a rollercoaster ride with your power....but your air fuel is spot on

if you make all the items listed as FBM... you powdercoated your wta but i guess its always cold there (why add a cooler then) and your the tuner there too... id pay more attention to more than just a/f....but your air fuel is spot on

fwiw - cars run better in cold weather so whats the point.. im in Arizona dood.. there is not special mixture for 115 degrees,

peace

ok man.. ur right. you have a/f ratios perfect. while you were rocking 506 at 11 psi.. you went up less than 120 ponies on 8 more lbs of boost. But your air fuel is spot on

your dyno tells me to shift your car at 6400 and ur boost is falling with your hp... not ideal but you maybe you want an up and down curve for no apparent reason...but your air fuel is spot on

other nsx's at 19 lbs are all over 700 and few and far between.. fxmd is over 800 closer to 900 at that boost level - but your air fuel is spot on

you are still on the gas at 7800-8k rpm.. and your 130hp -140 hp less than your peak....but your air fuel is spot on

probably a manual controller or some other easy fix and you have a fullblown monster... or be happy with a rollercoaster ride with your power....but your air fuel is spot on

if you make all the items listed as FBM... you powdercoated your wta but i guess its always cold there (why add a cooler then) and your the tuner there too... id pay more attention to more than just a/f....but your air fuel is spot on

fwiw - cars run better in cold weather so whats the point.. im in Arizona dood.. there is not special mixture for 115 degrees,

peace

Funny guy, Im not here to argue with you. Seems like you just like to argue about everyone's setup. Did I say a tune is based around a/f only? Maybe you should calm down and read carefully.

Funny guy, Im not here to argue with you. Seems like you just like to argue about everyone's setup. Did I say a tune is based around a/f only? Maybe you should calm down and read carefully.

I read ur posts.. I also spent qwite a bit of time on your website too and must say im impressed with your dual pump oem replacement fuel pump holders... i would recommend making an nsx part but these guys like their pumps..so consider 044's or maybe walbros.. thats my opinion there.

As far as arguing.. I never liked nor try to argue with anyone.. I just dont except bullshit as answers to my questions or comments

So last question..

as the builder and tuner for your turbo kit.. how does it feel to end up under 500 hp at the end of your rpm range when peak hp was at 6500

why on earth would you not correct that..

thank you... no more questions at this time

I love reading things after STMPO! Full Blown while I completely understand where you are coming from. he is actually trying to be helpful, as a tuner and builder (I am assuming as a living) I could understand how sometimes that may come as a personal attack. I actually think you may wanna take a deep breath and realize he is actually TRYING to help.

While it seems you are great at what you do, sometimes outside suggestions could only make you better.

in either case I am looking forward to seeing all you can do with her :D

My turn to ask... Wait, I'll ask and answer for you.

(1) Have you ever tuned a car on ethanol yet? Do you even tune yourself?

Try running 11:2 afr vs 12:0 on ethanol and tell me that a/f mixtures
dont have a big impact.

(2) Do you even know what my INJ Duty Cycle was at past 6500rpm?

85% and climbing

(3) Do you know how much power 1000cc Injectors will support on ethanol?

650hp will be over 100% duty cycle without playing with fuel pressure

(4) What happens when you add more timing past peak torque?

Power will carry on and will require additional fueling which we are limited at
this point

(5) What happens when the pump changes back to 85% ethanol?

Lean A/F mixtures and higher Injector duty cycle, less timing advance
required.

I hope I answered all the questions. There is a reason why I left the tune the way it is. It is actually safer then you think. My goal with this car was to avoid going to a big injector. I like the way the ID1000s run with E85.

Last edited:
I love reading things after STMPO! Full Blown while I completely understand where you are coming from. he is actually trying to be helpful, as a tuner and builder (I am assuming as a living) I could understand how sometimes that may come as a personal attack. I actually think you may wanna take a deep breath and realize he is actually TRYING to help.

While it seems you are great at what you do, sometimes outside suggestions could only make you better.

in either case I am looking forward to seeing all you can do with her :D

Thanks man, I don't think my first reply was offensive or bullshit. Please look at his second reply and tell me that it was friendly advice.

Anyways, enough drama and back on topic. As soon as it gets nice out and I am able to put more miles on the motor, I might throw bigger injectors in and see how far we can go with this turbo.

The problem with building cars is that we never know when to stop until something breaks lol. I have enough race cars and Im trying to avoid going down that path with this one. No matter how well a car is built, 700 + hp will break stuff. :biggrin:

Last edited:
The problem with building cars is that we never know when to stop until something breaks lol. I have enough race cars and Im trying to avoid going down that path with this one. No matter how well a car is build, 700 + hp will break stuff. :biggrin:

Well said.

Great build, I bet its fun to drive.

My turn to ask... Wait, I'll ask and answer for you.

(1) Have you ever tuned a car on ethanol yet? Do you even tune yourself?

Try running 11:2 afr vs 12:0 on ethanol and tell me that a/f mixtures
dont have a big impact.

(2) Do you even know what my INJ Duty Cycle was at past 6500rpm?

85% and climbing

(3) Do you know how much power 1000cc Injectors will support on ethanol?

650hp will be over 100% duty cycle without playing with fuel pressure

(4) What happens when you add more timing past peak torque?

Power will carry on and will require additional fueling which we are limited at
this point

(5) What happens when the pump changes back to 85% ethanol?

Lean A/F mixtures and higher Injector duty cycle, less timing advance
required.

I hope I answered all the questions. There is a reason why I left the tune the way it is. It is actually safer then you think. My goal with this car was to avoid going to a big injector. I like the way the ID1000s run with E85.

There isnt a single answer in the above 5 questions that even comes close to answering why you decided to end your power 130 hp lower than its peak. other than hinting at you running out of injector. I'll rephrase my question for you..

If 650hp is the peak of your weakest link ... the injector size.. why would you not tune the straightest possible line to 630 hp instead of hitting 630 in the 6k range and under 500 at 8k. In the car world you don’t have to be a tuner to know that is a bad tune and should be - re-tweaked or stated that you were trying to lower the redline of the car

For the things you didn’t say for me.. I am fully aware of the benefits of E fuels and more importantly.. I am aware of its disadvantages.

To show what sparky is hinting at.. I am trying to help.. I understand the $ amount of your investment.. and I would hate myself for not pointing this out to you.

Your site is filled with b-series (I only searched fullblown as a manufacture) and a couple turbo kits with some sick fuel pump holders. I said you did a fine job on your kit. I have a k20 mounted in my NSX race car Someone with your background would actually understand the benefits of a k20NSX.. I never believed fuel pumps belong outside of fuel tanks and my 044 is inside my ATL bladder with an-fittings only. I don’t believe rubber lines and clamps are fuel appropriate at the level of hp our cars see.

attachment.php
[[/IMG]

attachment.php

attachment.php

I am condoning you on fab and fuel.. NSX parts are expensive and I have a pump assemble laying around should you need one.. no charge and if you didn’t return it.. that would be a pretty dick move on your part but I wouldn’t care to much about loosing it so take your time with it.

I am however questioning you on tuning and tuning alone... I am questioning your curve/hill since it curves back.

You may have a safe set up right now.. but you also have a car you should shift 1500 rpm early

Good luck

Attachments

• fuel cell 1_n.jpg
    fuel cell 1_n.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,265
  • fuel cell 2_n.jpg
    fuel cell 2_n.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,278
  • fuel cell 3_n.jpg
    fuel cell 3_n.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,270
Setup looks great. Two problems I see...that WAIC setup is a PITA to work on anything. And schedule 40 headers will introduce massive power loss along with boost-tapering at high RPM.

<- I would know having picked up 40+WHP on just about every car that we've replaced our headers on.

Otherwise, great fabwork. It's difficult to achieve a "clean" install on an NSX, which you have achieved.

Fullblown, It hard to make out in your photo but why is your fuel pump resister still mounted? I thought turbo kits eliminated the resister.

Is your motor 3.0, 3.2 or a stroker?

Back