• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fumoto Oil Change Valve

Nice. I've had a Fumoto valve on my car for over 5 years and many, many track days and never had a problem. Don't think this is a bad idea, couldn't hurt.

I've had it on my car probably as long as Capt, but no where near as many miles.

I've never had an issue but somebody did raise a good point that the threads MAY stick to far into the oil pan enough to not drain all the oil at the bottom where some dangerous stuff may be. I don't know but just something to think about. I may change mine out for a piece of mind.

Or maybe one solution is to run a small crush washer, then a thicker washer on the other side to lengthen it slightly so that the threads aren't more than they need to be on the inside of the oil pan.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Phoenix the white plastic part looks like to attach to the drain part of the valve. It then has barb fittings on there to probably accept a 3/8th's ID hose or something like that. Just take it to home depot and get a hose and you won't get any oil where you don't want it.

Last edited:
the white plastic part looks like to attach to the drain part of the valve. It then has barb fittings on there to probably accept a 3/8th's ID hose or something like that. Just take it to home depot and get a hose and you won't get any oil where you don't want it.
That sounds plausible, thanks for the input! Please post pics if you modify your install. I've read online feedback about the valve, and some people have used crusher washers in addition to the included blue gasket for that reason, but I didn't.

I'm not sure what the purpose of the white plastic part here is for, and didn't use it.
Fumoto%2520F-106S%2520valve.jpg

Better late than never I suppose. The white plastic cone in your pic is none other but the Fumoto SH-10 which slips over the nipple of you Fumoto F-106S in case you have to temporarily need to use a hose to channel the used oil somewhere else than straight down. https://goo.gl/xAa8JA

Back