• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FX500 570rwhp@16psi with 22mpg fuel economy

Factor X Motorsports said:
Devin,

Be careful what you comment on, unless you were part of the equation or know the entire story.
I've heard the story and its hard to believe you guys imply this kind of thing online. There were quite a few people at AEM that gave you a lot of help while you sorted out your tuning learning curve.

As we had mentioned in numerous threads since then, the AEM is working just fine with the NSX now and is a proven EMS.
Yes, it sure is.

Btw, can you check to see what happened to the three wide bands we sent out over six months ago?
Sure. What was the RGA number?

Forgot to mention that the NSX in this thread is running off the AEM EMS and it is working just fine.
Good to hear.

Devin,

There are always two sides to the story. We were very thankful for all the help we received during that time, it was an extremely frusterating and costly experience.

I'll ask Mike for the RGA numbers, we ended up refunding the customers and eating it, so if they are there and working it would be greatly appreciated.

Mike and Devin...glad everyone's getting along...could've gotten ugly there for a second but prefessionalism prevailed. I continue to be amazed by the C30's efficiency, compared to a 2JZ which requires 20+ psi to hit the same hp with a moderately sized turbo. I don't recall ever getting 22mpg either...
- Jon

TurboLexus said:
. I continue to be amazed by the C30's efficiency, compared to a 2JZ which requires 20+ psi to hit the same hp with a moderately sized turbo....
- Jon

I seriously doubt were talking “stock” ports, valves, cam, etc. You need to get a bunch more flow potential from the stock engine to make 570 hp at only 16psi. Mark

Mark911 said:
I seriously doubt were talking “stock” ports, valves, cam, etc. You need to get a bunch more flow potential from the stock engine to make 570 hp at only 16psi. Mark

Yeah, make sense...though I was told even Steph's car was using the stock NSX port configuration and valve size....is that way off, Devin? Regardless you'd need a fairly large turbo and reworked head on a 2JZ to make 570 @ 16 lbs (not taking into account the additional driveline losses on those cars).

Onsoku said:
Will you be at S.I.L.V.? I'd love to see you run the car when we come up on Friday.

Rob,

It was a pleasure meeting you last night, hopefully Fez didnt scare you too much :biggrin:

Update!

15psi [email protected] on Falken 451s.

Mike and Ken,

Excellent run!!

By the way, when are you going to post the video of the run w/ the Renntech CL65? I heard you had half a car length at around 170. That is awesome! :eek:

By the way, you would have smoked the Ford GT, if he had the balls run.

Let's see the dyno sheet

Hey guys,

When are you going to post the dyno sheets on your FX500 and twin turbo beasts? I would be interesting to see a lay over of the hp and torque curves of the FX500 compared to your epic twin turbo car.

Show us the money guys. :smile:

By the way, when is the next BBQ?

Rob,

It was a pleasure meeting you last night, hopefully Fez didnt scare you too much :biggrin:

Fez freaked me out on the 1st pull! It was the strongest pull I've felt, with the exception of a catapult launch for from an aircraft carrier!

I do feel very special knowing that I'm part of a handful of NSX owners that have felt the unending amount of pull that car had!

It was a shame that you guys didn't get to make an appearance on Friday or Sat.

I didn't really like the format of the S.I.L.V. event...I guess they had to share the track with the other big boys...

Thanks again to Ken, Fez & Mike for the rare opportunity to ride in a "Supra Killer"! Please add me to your vip list if you have one!

Rob

Onsoku said:
Fez freaked me out on the 1st pull! It was the strongest pull I've felt, with the exception of a catapult launch for from an aircraft carrier!

I do feel very special knowing that I'm part of a handful of NSX owners that have felt the unending amount of pull that car had!

I didn't really like the format of the S.I.L.V. event...I guess they had to share the track with the other big boys...

Thanks again to Ken, Fez & Mike for the rare opportunity to ride in a "Supra Killer"! Please add me to your vip list if you have one!

Rob

Big boys is not the term they are using these days....... the current one is not very flattering :biggrin:

ANYTIME said:
Big boys is not the term they are using these days....... the current one is not very flattering :biggrin:

??? How'd you make that kind of connection? Are you not getting any love?!? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Devin,

Be careful what you comment on, unless you were part of the equation or know the entire story. These incidents happened well before AEM hired you. As we had mentioned in numerous threads since then, the AEM is working just fine with the NSX now and is a proven EMS. Btw, can you check to see what happened to the three wide bands we sent out over six months ago?

Forgot to mention that the NSX in this thread is running off the AEM EMS and it is working just fine.

Best Regards,

Ken

Mike...
Let me comment on this then...since I was involved from the very beginning. While I can't remember what # of engine you were on at the time. I do distinctly recall a silver NSX in AEM's parking lot that had a new engine in it. You drove the car to L.A. to have us look at the problem you were having. I distintly remember the timing being advanced 10 degrees after you sync'd it incorrectly with a dial back light. I also remember coming out to your facility to do some further training with you on a red car (with a new motor if memory serves) that you were having all kinds of idle/throttle response issues, which took me all of about 10 minutes to sort out. For the record, the hardware hasn't changed AT ALL since day one for the AEM NSX box. The Firmware for the NSX has not changed since day one. While features have been added, the operation of the engine controls have NOT changed. So....if it works today (which it does), then it worked then (which it did). Blaming the EMS for a learning curve (which you clearly had) doesn't change the fact that the engines you lost, were lost only becuase of a lack of understanding, and or improper tuning!

Mike and Ken,

Please post the FX500 vs CL65 and SILV drag video clips as well as the TT's dyno graphs. I need something exciting to watch this morning. I think a lot of guys would be interested in seeing the infamous and of course top secret "roll on" facility in the Nevada desert. :biggrin:

By the way, how do your hp and torque curves look compared to all those single turbo Japanese T-Birds running around Vegas last weekend?

Jason S. said:
Mike...
Let me comment on this then...since I was involved from the very beginning. While I can't remember what # of engine you were on at the time. I do distinctly recall a silver NSX in AEM's parking lot that had a new engine in it. You drove the car to L.A. to have us look at the problem you were having. I distintly remember the timing being advanced 10 degrees after you sync'd it incorrectly with a dial back light. I also remember coming out to your facility to do some further training with you on a red car (with a new motor if memory serves) that you were having all kinds of idle/throttle response issues, which took me all of about 10 minutes to sort out. For the record, the hardware hasn't changed AT ALL since day one for the AEM NSX box. The Firmware for the NSX has not changed since day one. While features have been added, the operation of the engine controls have NOT changed. So....if it works today (which it does), then it worked then (which it did). Blaming the EMS for a learning curve (which you clearly had) doesn't change the fact that the engines you lost, were lost only becuase of a lack of understanding, and or improper tuning!

Overkill.gif

Armando

Who's got the popcorn. :biggrin:

Jason S. said:
Mike...

Jason,

Thank you for all the help during those times. If memory serves right, and I believe Ken created a specific file for this entire event with all of the communications between us and your staff. We sent over our map two times to have you guys give your blessing and check all the settings before the runs. Both times, the results were not good…

In regards to the Widebands, Devin was kind enough to look for them, and unfortunately we no longer have the RGA numbers as it was long ago. One of the widebands was the one you wired up and calibrated on the Red NSX mentioned. If you can find that it would be great.

As far as my tuning curve on the NSX, prior (about one year) to the AEM we had a collaboration with Hondata. That is where we learned about the C30, along with helpful information from Kent and Jon K. We pushed the stock block to over 470rwhp with the CTSC and nitrous with our chip, for over 10k miles with any engine problems.

At this point it is all water under the bridge as it was long ago and we have moved on. As we have mentioned many times, the AEM EMS works and is a great product for the consumer.

Btw, how did you guys run out there at SILV? They did not allow us to run.

This cant be the true story? Is there another side?
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320821
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318434&page=6

Last edited:
CerberusM5 said:
Mike and Ken,

Please post the FX500 vs CL65 and SILV drag video clips as well as the TT's dyno graphs. I need something exciting to watch this morning. I think a lot of guys would be interested in seeing the infamous and of course top secret "roll on" facility in the Nevada desert. :biggrin:

By the way, how do your hp and torque curves look compared to all those single turbo Japanese T-Birds running around Vegas last weekend?

We gave the video to someone that can convert it, so hopefully it will happen soon. The curve looks ridiculous.

Btw, we heard a certain modified GT2 ran that Renntech CL65 like it was stading still :biggrin:

Onsoku said:

Rob

Rob,

Good to hear you enjoyed the ride:) We apologize for missing you Friday night as we were still trying to get the TT up and running. Since we have closed up shop to the public we have much more time to enjoy these cars and chat with friends. If you have any further questions or are in town give us a ring.

Re: Let's see the dyno sheet

CerberusM5 said:
Hey guys,

When are you going to post the dyno sheets on your FX500 and twin turbo beasts? I would be interesting to see a lay over of the hp and torque curves of the FX500 compared to your epic twin turbo car.

Show us the money guys. :smile:

By the way, when is the next BBQ?

The FX500 sheets can be found under the pictures section along with the old TT set-up. The new dyno sheet needs to be uploaded still. Video of the FX500 should be up somewhere soon, as it was done at the Supra meet in front of many, many cameras.

We just BBQ’d yesterday after the roll ons. Give us a ring next time you are up there.

Back