• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FXMD Widebody Kit

One more thing done...

Had a airbox cover fabricated by Kyle, a local welder to cover my air filter...

Attachments

• Airbox Fabrication 1.jpg
    Airbox Fabrication 1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 618
  • Airbox Fabrication 2.jpg
    Airbox Fabrication 2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 517
  • Airbox Fabrication 3.jpg
    Airbox Fabrication 3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 538
  • Airbox Fabrication 4.jpg
    Airbox Fabrication 4.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:
Everything looks great, its coming to together very nicely. Looking forward to seeing her painted and hearing her scream. Congrats on you efforts so far.

One more thing done...

Had a airbox cover fabricated by Kyle, a local welder to cover my air filter...

The quality of the welding work looks top notch, but that's going to be an airflow restriction; I wouldn't be surprised if you saw a significant impact on the dyno at high rpm with this cover.

It would probably be better to fabricate an under-body shield, which covers the entire region from the fuel tank back, and doesn't choke off your air supply like this cover.

Are those K-sport coilovers?

Thanks for the feedback guys! I cant wait for the 02 version as well, it will have a completely different look than the pop-up style front end. We wanted to keep the early model style intact and give it that Leman's style that was so famous. The front fender will look quite a bit different once the cutouts are made.

Bump for sneak peek @ 02 version.

Thanks Kyle, Jonathan and Brandon......little by little it's getting there.

Everything looks great, its coming to together very nicely. Looking forward to seeing her painted and hearing her scream. Congrats on you efforts so far.

It's going back on the Dyno to see what the impact is.

Yes, they are K-Sports..

The quality of the welding work looks top notch, but that's going to be an airflow restriction; I wouldn't be surprised if you saw a significant impact on the dyno at high rpm with this cover.

It would probably be better to fabricate an under-body shield, which covers the entire region from the fuel tank back, and doesn't choke off your air supply like this cover.

Are those K-sport coilovers?

Speaking of those coilovers, would you recommend them? They look very nice and another primer gave a very good review of them.

Yes...They ride stiffer than most, but I like them a lot.
However, K-Sports customer service sucks.

Speaking of those coilovers, would you recommend them? They look very nice and another primer gave a very good review of them.

Last edited:
Radiator upgrade done last weekend.

Attachments

• P3010003.jpg
    P3010003.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 391
  • P3010004.jpg
    P3010004.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Did the rear fender liners today since OEM fender liners no longer work on a widebody car. I got tired of rocks hitting the inside top of my fenders and finding small rocks in my trunk.
Not to mention beating everything up in between.

Found some great sheets of pliable plastic .090 thick in 4x8 sheets, which is the same thickness of OEM fender liners, easy to work with and cut.

Will probably do the front fender liners tomorrow.

Attachments

• Rear Fender Well Before 1.jpg
    Rear Fender Well Before 1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 328
  • Rear Fender Well before 2.jpg
    Rear Fender Well before 2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 305
  • Fender Liners Done 1.jpg
    Fender Liners Done 1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 319
  • Fender Lines Done 2.jpg
    Fender Lines Done 2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
WHERES THE PAINT?!?!?!?!:eek::eek::eek:

I like the new shiny parts though nice job and looks like you had fun over the weekend! Jealous

Last edited:
LOL....
I have a track event on the 20th, we start painting it on the 21st.
Yahoo....almost done.

WHERES THE PAINT?!?!?!?!:eek::eek::eek:
I like the new shiny parts though nice job and looks like you had fun over the weekend! Jealous

Getting there Eddie...

I'll be glad to see it painted myself...One major draw back is I'm going to miss being able to patch/repair and rattle can the primer back on.

LOL....yes, it's going to be Doo Doo Red...just to many other area's that are red to change the color without taking the car a part first.
Been there and done that already, not doing it again for awhile, I hope.

You are toooo funny :)...are you home now for awhile ?

Last edited:
Have you checked out that one special white pearl on the nsx-r or candy apple red or F40 red? hehe Its pretty nice. I know what you mean about not worrying about the paint.
Can't wait to see it done, I know paint work is very time consuming and a pain in the rear.....:biggrin

I am still in Taiwan....its 1230pm here weds....might not want to come back...hehe

Last edited:
I have always liked White. My GT-5 I painted is white with a pearl over lay on the rear quarters and rear bumper.

My friend & paint supplier made wanted to dazzle me with is eye and mixed me up a one off custom color of battleship Grey with a White Pearl in it he wants me to paint it with. It looked amazing.. when the light reflected off of it, all the lines popped.

I don't know, there's still time to decide. If I change the color at this point, it means having to go back and paint the red area’s I can get to by hand to something that blends better with the Battleship Grey. What a pain in the ass that would be. I’ll never be done with it, I’ve come to the conclusion that done is just an illusion.

When I was at SM a couple of week ago. I tool a rock through my lower front bumper at 110 mph. Got home, patched the hole, sanded it and repainted it with primer, done deal, you can't tell it even happened.

An't going to be so easy when its done…..done...back to that illusion again.

Have you checked out that one special white pearl on the nsx-r or candy apple red or F40 red? hehe Its pretty nice. I know what you mean about not worrying about the paint.
Can't wait to see it done, I know paint work is very time consuming and a pain in the rear.....:biggrin

I am still in Taiwan....its 1230pm here weds....might not want to come back...hehe

Attachments

• Trip to Jacks 033.jpg
    Trip to Jacks 033.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 213
  • Trip to Jacks 032.jpg
    Trip to Jacks 032.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Understandable...
Wish I was there with you.

I have always liked White. My GT-5 I painted is white with a pearl over lay on the rear quarters and rear bumper.

My friend & paint supplier made wanted to dazzle me with is eye and mixed me up a one off custom color of battleship Grey with a White Pearl in it he wants me to paint it with. It looked amazing.. when the light reflected off of it, all the lines popped.

I don't know, there's still time to decide. If I change the color at this point, it means having to go back and paint the red area’s I can get to by hand to something that blends better with the Battleship Grey. What a pain in the ass that would be. I’ll never be done with it, I’ve come to the conclusion that done is just an illusion.

When I was at SM a couple of week ago. I tool a rock through my lower front bumper at 110 mph. Got home, patched the hole, sanded it and repainted it with primer, done deal, you can't tell it even happened.

An't going to be so easy when its done…..done...back to that illusion again.

omg that pantera!....jizzed in my pants! :tongue:

But yeah man serious since you track your car paint it doo doo red so if it gets banged up you can just patch it up and not worry about it....it makes sense painting it some color you can just paint again versus a custom one that is hard to match again.....

Dude wish you were here too man....it would be nice to have a drinking buddy or buddies....the people here seem very conservative but looks are deceiving I guess.....

Have one for me brother, let me know when you get home, it's time for me to make a trip out that way to see my Mom.

We'll have one, or two, together and you can tell me about your trip :eek:
Bring pictures, and video's if you have them.
Did you wear your Darth Vator suit again ?

Dude wish you were here too man....it would be nice to have a drinking buddy or buddies....the people here seem very conservative but looks are deceiving I guess.....

Last edited:
Have one for me brother, let me know when you get home, it's time for me to make a trip out that way to see my Mom.

We'll have one, or two, together and you can tell me about your trip :eek:
Bring pictures, and video's if you have them.
Did you wear your Darth Vator suit again ?

Haha no I didnt bring my darth suit.....thats for another time :cool:

Cool hopefully I'll catch up with you when I get back.....dont know if I'l be headed to Europe again soon.

I'm planning on making the drive out sometime right after the car gets painted.

Probably the first week of April.

Haha no I didnt bring my darth suit.....thats for another time :cool:

Cool hopefully I'll catch up with you when I get back.....dont know if I'l be headed to Europe again soon.

Cool I'll be back around April 9th....I also need a new front lip spoiler.....this is going on my fourth one and I just replaced this one like a few months ago....:rolleyes:

Did the rear fender liners today since OEM fender liners no longer work on a widebody car. I got tired of rocks hitting the inside top of my fenders and finding small rocks in my trunk.
Not to mention beating everything up in between.

Found some great sheets of pliable plastic .090 thick in 4x8 sheets, which is the same thickness of OEM fender liners, easy to work with and cut.

Will probably do the front fender liners tomorrow.

my new tires rubbed like crazy on the fender liners I removed em and install a dynomat type material works perfect plus quieted the car quite a bit..probably a little heavier but can't be much

Back