• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Galaxy Tab Navigation

Thanks for the info. If john is contemplating the brackets, could you (or john) PM me with info on obtaining one? I may have to adapt it to the Motorola bracket but I'll be further ahead. Thanks.

So, I have the EVO 4G. I don't really need to hardwire it to the Galaxy, as all I'm interested in is turning the mobile hotspot on the evo, to connect up the Galaxy. Not too interested in doing hands free calls either.

Would the only think I need is the Belkin Aircast?

FYI, I have the Pioneer F700BT Double Din navigation.

So, I have the Pioneer F700BT. Is this the only cable I would need to buy? I could just plug this in the back on my headunit?

ECC1TP0BBEGSTA.gif

That cable should work fine, doesn't your head unit support Bluetooth? If so id just connect it that way and save the cost of the cable.

The only reason you need the USASpec adapter is with the stock radio. The Belkin only adds Bluetooth which I believe the "BT" in the name of your stereo stands for.

Last edited:
That cable should work fine, doesn't your head unit support Bluetooth? If so id just connect it that way and save the cost of the cable.

The only reason you need the USASpec adapter is with the stock radio. The Belkin only adds Bluetooth which I believe the "BT" in the name of your stereo stands for.

Yes, mine has bluetooth. But I thought hardwiring it would sound better, is that not the case? Also, how do you control volume? Is it manageable through the screen or does it need to be done through the buttons on the side?

Thanks for helping :)

Last edited:
It depends really, I'm sure wiring it gives it truer sound but connecting mine over Bluetooth seems to give deeper bass and crisper highs.

I use the side buttons for volume on it. The volume options for the different apps are all over the place, but the buttons stay the same. When it's connected to the stereo (Bluetooth) the stereo handles the volume (buttons don't seem to have any effect.

FenixRising - I plan on keeping the Bose OEM radio and components. I like the sound of the exhaust too much! Back to the question I posed you in an earlier post, is John producing these brackets? If so, could you put me in touch with him? This also might be something that might apply for a "group buy" if others are interested. Thanks.

It depends really, I'm sure wiring it gives it truer sound but connecting mine over Bluetooth seems to give deeper bass and crisper highs.

I use the side buttons for volume on it. The volume options for the different apps are all over the place, but the buttons stay the same. When it's connected to the stereo (Bluetooth) the stereo handles the volume (buttons don't seem to have any effect.

Awesome, so the only cable I'll need is the one on the passenger side? Is that the power cable?

Correct, if you are going to use a galaxy tab I would recommend getting the samsung mount for it ($40 on amazon). It has the power cable included, all you'd need then in the bracket to mount it where the clock is and to add another 12v outlet under the dash (if you want to keep the normal one available).

Hey Kenny, I have created this bracket and it's not too difficult. I will make another thread after I'm done doing my install this week. I have created a template which I traced onto some sheet metal and then cut it out. It will sit above the clock so the entire stock dash will be left intact and yet you can still remove the bracket later on to return the car to complete stock. Don't mean to hi-jack this thread, just adding to it.:biggrin:

Back