• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gallardo-SL v GT-R v 997TT v 997GT3 v NSX-R

I've got to say for the $$$ the GT-R impresses. And same for a the NSX-R especially for a car essentially 15+ years old.

Here are a few things I see:

1. While the SL is extremely fast, I think the GT-R would beat a "normal" gallardo. pretty impressive regardless of price.
2. The "old" GT3 wiped out the NSX-R a year or so ago, I don't see how the new one with a lot more power lapped in about the same time as the NSX.
3. It is time for NSX-R to retire. I love the car, but it needs another 100 HP to keep up with these cars. It still does pretty well for a car that is essentially 18 years old. With that extra 100HP, it would be right up there on the straights.

This is a crap race.
The other cars have a leg up on that NSX when it comes to the technology and engineering, I don't even know why the NSX was included with all these newer cars.

But, considering it was still pretty close and competitive, Honda really doesn't have to improve on this design too much in order to smoke the GT-R, Lambo and the Porsches.

that was a good race!

Im shocked that nsx can hang close to these modern cars. Amazing. And they didnt give it half a lap headstart this time either.

That GTR is like that butterface in high school. Rocks your world but don't turn the lights on!

that was a good race!

Im shocked that nsx can hang close to these modern cars. Amazing. And they didnt give it half a lap headstart this time either.

That GTR is like that butterface in high school. Rocks your world but don't turn the lights on!

I would love to see how your car would do out there :)

Love these races...no pretense just a nice relatively short sprint race w/ experienced pro drivers. Very surprised the NSX-R had the third best lap time though I think the track suits the NSX-R very well. A few longer straights and I'm not sure how the race would have turned out. I enjoyed watching the NSX-R gain on corner exit. But then losing all that momentum on the straights wasn't so nice. :( That car needs a stroker.

Though IMHO, the NSX-R has the best cockpit view out of all these cars.

Really like the last 2 laps when you get to see the closeup between the GT-R and the Superleggera, the GT-R seems to be pushing while the Superleggera rotates easily and flows smoothly from apex to apex :D the wonderful balance of a MR design :cool:

This is a crap race.
The other cars have a leg up on that NSX when it comes to the technology and engineering, I don't even know why the NSX was included with all these newer cars.

But, considering it was still pretty close and competitive, Honda really doesn't have to improve on this design too much in order to smoke the GT-R, Lambo and the Porsches.

Because the NSX was their bench marck car for the last 18 years. It gives you an idea how much the HP game is "actually" effecting the NSX-R when you reach beyond certain number.

NSX-R didn't do too bad, it hung in with the 997 GT3 pertty well.

love BMI.

this is kinda old. i got the US version of it.

what it came down to was that the nsx just didnt have the power. also it over heated at the end i think?

love BMI.

what it came down to was that the nsx just didnt have the power. also it over heated at the end i think?

Maybe you travelled in time then :rolleyes:

FYI: It's the March 08 edition of the BM Video, with the R35 GTR and the Gallardo Superleggera not the R34 and the plain vanilla Gallardo.

Maybe you travelled in time then :rolleyes:

FYI: It's the March 08 edition of the BM Video, with the R35 GTR and the Gallardo Superleggera not the R34 and the plain vanilla Gallardo.

mad connections :wink:

im mistaken, there was another one with Gallardo and OOPS R34! not the R35 :tongue: that should have been a dead give away and the NSX R

my bad.

3 of those cars have nearly double the hp of the NSX.

I think our NSX-R was included for nostalgia. They love the NSX in Japan. The track made a difference to. On a very high speed track (this one's no slouch) I think our NSX-R would have had it's hp shortcomings showcased!

Thanks for the post.

Impressive indeed that the NSX-R turned in a better lap time time than the 911 GT3 that really shocked me.

Well if it's the same NSX-R they've used in the past then it's well broken in. Once a car is broken in they normally do get faster. Of course it's still 3-4 secs behind the leaders and that's an eternity on the track.

Honda could definitely make that up with a new platform even if it is front engine. Also worth noting is that the 911 turbo was/is the benchmark that Honda/Nissan/Toyota have been comparing their prototypes against. Nissan handily defeats the 911 TT in all contests and in this contest even the "old" NSX-R beats the 911 TT.

Can anyone tell me why the 911 TT is the benchmark:confused: Honestly it seems more touring than track car. I could see them going after the GT3. Or how about hearing that they test against the 599 or Z06 ,but the 911 TT:confused:

Oh well since the ZR1 will be released soon perhaps they'll use that as a benchmark instead:smile:

I just got the DVD, it just came out, the drag races are fun in the beginning, the GTR beats everything except the Lambo which is less than 1/2 second faster (0-400 meters). After the race they do a drift impression in each of the cars around tsukuba - in general I think that the GTR will be the new darling of best motoring, most likely the nsx-r will dissapear, before the race the nsx-r driver says that the nsx-r is missing the power, but I have to say it still does incredible lap times around that track, fuji speedway against this competition would be a completely different story. Wonder why Gan san wasnt driving it this time, perhaps he knew there was no chance...

Can anyone tell me why the 911 TT is the benchmark:confused: Honestly it seems more touring than track car. I could see them going after the GT3. Or how about hearing that they test against the 599 or Z06 ,but the 911 TT:confused: Oh well since the ZR1 will be released soon perhaps they'll use that as a benchmark instead:smile:

1. Form over function
2. Longevity
3. potential
4. Innovation
5. Race history/records
6. Patents

I higly doubt the ZR1 will be the bench mark, most people that race prefer a Porsche or Ferrari especially the aristocrates who would rather not be seen in a Chevrelot but an exotic.

I think it's a little pathetic to see the NSX-R included in many of the recent BM races. While this shows yet again how well an almost 20 year old design can keep up with the new boys; it shows just that - keeping up - hardly ever dominating the competition, and reminds me of Honda's predicament and their vague promises for a replacement.

The NSX is arguably a symbol of Japanese motoring pride. Even if this was just another silly BM exhibition, this "race" seems like a swan song, and in a strange, almost poignant way, allows the GT-R to establish itself as the new 24/7 super car.

Not since the 90's have I been this excited about the Japanese automotive industry. It will be interesting to see how the big companies square off this time around, not just amongst themselves, but versus the world.

I higly doubt the ZR1 will be the bench mark, most people that race prefer a Porsche or Ferrari especially the aristocrates who would rather not be seen in a Chevrelot but an exotic.

You never know. The Z06 or ZR1 would be pretty exotic when there are only a few in the entire country. Kind of like the NSX here.

love BMI.

You are thinking of the one with the yelllow GT3 which beat the NSX-R pretty easily. It did over heat at the end, but it just couldn't keep up with the high HP cars on the long straights.

How do you say "lovefab" in Japan? :biggrin:

You are thinking of the one with the yelllow GT3 which beat the NSX-R pretty easily. It did over heat at the end, but it just couldn't keep up with the high HP cars on the long straights.

How do you say "lovefab" in Japan? :biggrin:

That's what I meant to add "OMG the NSX-R didn't overheat":biggrin:

Back