• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gallardo with "Lambo doors"

The only car that needs "Lambo doors" is this one.

179551e5da.jpg

00d4fe7146.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't look to easy to get in and out of. I think I would stick with normal doors.

NetViper said:
Doesn't look to easy to get in and out of. I think I would stick with normal doors.
That stupid Lambo door was interesting back in the 1970's. For today, it is just so so dumb. I saw a Civic with the same doors and it took the guy a good minute to crawl out of the door. His 70 year mom almost tripped crawling out of the passenger side. :rolleyes:
Steve

They were designed to allow the Countach to park in a normal space and not smack the door trying to get out due to the width of the car. It's just stayed with the car line. I've been told that they will be reserved for the V12 models only.

On a side note, I have been told that Lambo will have a new SUV out in the next year or so following the Gallardo spider, and that a 4 seater is slated after that to compete with the likes of the 612 Scag. Lambo wants 5 models (Murci, Gallardo coupe & spider, "LM002", and 612 fighter)...

poet_x said:
They were designed to allow the Countach to park in a normal space and not smack the door trying to get out due to the width of the car.

I heard the gull wing doors on the Delorean made parking in tight spots impossible. Seems that much space is needed on the side of the car for the door to make a full swing upwards.

the gullwings swing out and up. they do require more space. the scissor doors on the Lambos swing straight up, requiring no more room to open.

I wonder if Lambo owners, in an attempt to be unique, think about installing regular door kits on their cars?

:tongue:

In both pics of the Gallardo, it looks like the passenger door opens noticably more. That would suck if it wasn't built exactly the same on each side. :frown:

Looking closer, it appears that the drivers door swings more to the side than the passengers door too. The passengers door opens wider because it's travel is used in going upward while the drivers door moves more outward than upward. I'd take it back to whoever did it and have it fixed...

How rediculous. Talk about wasting money, even the brake clipers and wheels suck. I'm not one for stock vehicles, but that Lambo is getting hosed. :(

steveny said:
I heard the gull wing doors on the Delorean made parking in tight spots impossible. Seems that much space is needed on the side of the car for the door to make a full swing upwards.

Not true. The gull wings on the Delorean are hinged near the center of the roof. They require less space to swing up than a normal car door does to open fully.

oo the Koneigseig CC, that car is sik. i think lambo doors are tyte, only on Lambos though, because its original. its like there trademark.

Deuce B said:
In both pics of the Gallardo, it looks like the passenger door opens noticably more. That would suck if it wasn't built exactly the same on each side. :frown:

Looking closer, it appears that the drivers door swings more to the side than the passengers door too. The passengers door opens wider because it's travel is used in going upward while the drivers door moves more outward than upward. I'd take it back to whoever did it and have it fixed...

I noticed that too.

I can apreciate a proper-proper install, but this is just butchers work.
But then, maybe it was installed with the italian definition of quality :rolleyes:
On second thought, there seems to be a slight incline on the ground on the second pic, which might explain the swinging sideways of the doors, still crapy construction though.

I once took a look behind the bodywork of a Diablo..... and there are still people saying a nsx is not worth the money.......

Those Hamann door are great if you can find 3 empty spots in a row so you can get out of your car.:rolleyes:

NetViper said:
Those Hamann door are great if you can find 3 empty spots in a row so you can get out of your car.:rolleyes:

as opposed to the 2 1/2 rows required by doors that you DO like?
Koenigsegg-3.jpg

maerz-129a9f11c5.jpg

at least you don't have to worry about the door hitting the curb when getting out. :biggrin:

poet_x said:
They were designed to allow the Countach to park in a normal space and not smack the door trying to get out due to the width of the car. It's just stayed with the car line. I've been told that they will be reserved for the V12 models only.

On a side note, I have been told that Lambo will have a new SUV out in the next year or so following the Gallardo spider, and that a 4 seater is slated after that to compete with the likes of the 612 Scag. Lambo wants 5 models (Murci, Gallardo coupe & spider, "LM002", and 612 fighter)...

POET X has got the right idea. There was debate here whether lambo doors look good on any other cars (that didn't come with lambo doors).

There are reasons why certain cars have lambo scissor doors and why others don't...width, door shape & size and etc.

Poet X is nailed it when he said they looked a litte "big". The porportions of the gallardo door just don't look right for it to warrant a vertical hinge. Too "squarish".

Rice knows no boundaries.

PoohBEAR said:
I would definitely DO THIS to my SNX!!! Any company out there can make it happen besides Chip Foose? :D

Lets hope they do only for nice cars and not for civics:smile:

PoohBEAR said:
I would definitely DO THIS to my SNX!!! Any company out there can make it happen besides Chip Foose? :D

I met Foose last August and asked him what he would do to an NSX given the opportunity, and he was dumbfounded. He said it's such a great design, there isn't much he could do to improve the design. I was very pleased to hear him say that...

btw, what's a SNX?:tongue:

Back