• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Garage Lift 4 post ?

Ok, so I have a new addition to family and I need a lift for extra parking/ storage. My wife temporary loan me her garage space..I've been looking at back yard buddy lifts and benpak and a few others company. Does anyone have any experience with either companies product? And does anyone local have a 4 post lift I could take a look at.

Thanks

I have had a Direct Lift brand for about 10 years for stacking and maintaining my car(s).
It is probably the BEST $ I ever spent!

Ok thanks for the feedback guys. I'll also check out direct lift, never heard of them before.

I have an Eagle 4 post lift and it works well also. I think it is comparable to the Bendpak for quality/price.

Some items to consider when buying a four post lift. If you think you will need to move the lift for any reason, consider the trolley system available with most lifts. if you will be using the lift to service your car I would strongly recommend the rolling jack option. This will allow you to raise the car to service the brakes/tires, etc. I assume you've measured your garage ceiling height carefully to ensure you have the room to stack your vehicles? Don't laugh, it's happened ! I've had my lift for several years, no issues whatsoever.

Thanks for the tips, i've covered all my bases with the ceiling height requirement, everything checked. I'm going to waiting until i'm ready to service my car to get the rolling jacks install. Trying to save some money.

I now have to work on getting my garage door converted to a high lift door closer to the ceiling.

Anyone know a good garage service company here in south florida that have experience doing this conversation?

I have a Bend Pac and could not be happier. I had to retruss my roof. I raised the ceiling from 8' to 12'. I had to switch my garage door opener to a Lift Master 3800. The Lift Master mounts on the torsion bar and removes the motor from the center to the side. I had a garage door company change the track from a 90 degree angle to a 45 degree angle. This change allowed the garage door to lift over the top of the car when the car is in the top most position. With the Bend Pac, you will need a source for air to release the locks on the lift. Even though you can operate the lift on 110 volts, you should use the 220 volt option. Using 220 makes the lift move faster. Lastly, I ordered the castor kit so I can move the lift around the garage. I also epoxied the floor, added cabinets and lighting. Planning is the key. Putting in the lift was the last and easiest part of the upgrade. Jerry

Thanks Jerry, thats the route I'm going, I'm having a garage door company this coming weekend do the conversion with the Lift master 3800 and I'm going to go with the Bendpak HD-9ST. I already have an air compressor. I don't plan on moving it just doing some regular maintenance oil change etc so don't need the caster. I already have everything else done on the check list just need these last two items done then I'm all set and my wife will be happy she gets her parking space back.

Back