• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Garage

I've been a memeber here for years, but have never posted any pics. Thought I'd try my first. I'll have to take some better pictures of the NSX, it's hard to see any details in this shot.

Good one.:smile: The ZR-1 only has 7000 miles on it so it hasn't developed a leak yet. Actually, you could eat off of the bottom of it. It's never been on wet pavement either. I keep it on the top because it rarely gets driven and the NSX gets driven about 1500 miles a season.

Great garage looks nice a clean.. I can tell u take care of your cars. wish everyone did that..

Enjoy those nice wheels

I hope your goat will not chew the front lip off your nsx. Looks like its getting really close.

PA150020.jpg
[/IMG]Volk GT-C
PA150021.jpg
[/IMG]

Good looking garage. What's the height of your ceiling in there? (asking b/c I'm putting together plans for a four post lift this winter).

but, you actually trust a Vette to not be jealous of an NSX and leak oil all over it?? :wink: :biggrin:

Hahaha...:)

But seriously, the engine (LT5) in that model of Corvette (ZR-1) is awesome. It held several world records up until a few years ago.

The LT-5's are pretty much bullit-proof. The ZR-1 still holds many records including the 5000 mile endurance speed record. A few years back, a VW supercar eclipsed the 24 hr. endurance of the ZR-1 record of 178 mph.average for the 24 hours. The VW broke that record, but when the ZR-1 broke the 24 hr. record, they continued on for another 4.5 hrs. to capture the 5000 mile record. As you can tell, I am a big ZR-1 fan and while I'm aware this is a NSX board, the ZR-1 made significant contributions to the Automotive world in its day. I enjoy a wide variety of cars and it's nice to chat about other interests on this forum.:smile: Thanks for your reply Ponyboy.

Good looking garage. What's the height of your ceiling in there? (asking b/c I'm putting together plans for a four post lift this winter).

I have 9' ceilings and a Direct Lift ProPark 7. No problem with two "short" cars stacked.

But with a taller car, I offest the lift from the garage door and just nose the hood of my daily driver under it.

Thanks guys for the response to my ceiling height question. If you guys are fitting 9'0" w/ a four-post, then I should be ok at 9'6" w/ the NSX on top and S2000 on the bottom.

Thanks for your reply Ponyboy.

No worries at all. The ZR-1 was one of three type of cars I considered purchasing before I finally chose my NSX. I've driven quite a few of them and am always looking at my check book when I see a '95 comp. yellow or dark purple metallic for sale. Granted, that's not a lot but I'd still love to own one.

Interesting story: my old boss had two ZR-1s and was driving his red/red one down to Chicago from Wisconsin. Saw another ZR-1, black w/ black tinted windows and decided to race him on the highway. My boss drew some car lengths on him at some triple digit speed and they both drove off on the same exit immediately to discuss. The guy that came out of the black ZR-1 was Michael Jordan.

FWIW, there was an ITB'd race LT5 (done by Lotus) on eBay a few months ago. IIRC, it went for 14k.

nice garage, I also considered a ZR1 before deciding on the NSX. very sexy cars. i just wish chevy had kept up its development. could you imagine a C6 ZR1? yikes

Actually the next super vette will be called the C6 ZR1. It won't be a overhead cam design, but rather the 427 in the current Z06 with a blower. Should be a neat package.

Actually the next super vette will be called the C6 ZR1. It won't be a overhead cam design, but rather the 427 in the current Z06 with a blower. Should be a neat package.

yeah i just read that on one of my other forums. nice to see the name return but im not sure it fits this car as well

I've been a memeber here for years, but have never posted any pics. Thought I'd try my first. I'll have to take some better pictures of the NSX, it's hard to see any details in this shot.

Nice garage, what is the other red car it looks like a Monaro a bit.

AR99NSX, you are correct, except that over here in the States, GM markets the car as a Pontiac GTO.

Wow- you have a stable full of awesome cars.

I have never driven a ZR-1, but I remember when the car was out, and looking at every C4 I saw for the diffrentiating tail lamps (I still do that). I still think the LT-5 is one of the sweetest looking V8 engine packages out there- and it had performance to back it up.

I drove a 2006 GTO a few months back and was extremely impressed with it as a GT car. I have no idea why it didn't sell better, it is a great package of comfort, and performance. I am still considering selling my Accord and buying a mildly used 06 GTO.

The NSX... IT'S AN NSX- nuff said.

Philip

Back