• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

gas additives

Hi All-
I have had a problem with using sub standard gas. My car is a 91 which has very low mileage so I don't drive it very frequently. Love every minute though.
I fueled a couple of times at the local Safeway. I guess that they do not have the additives that name brand stations have. Last time I fueled it was evident that my car did not like their gas. The car immediately started to misfire and surge. I added "Seafoam" additive that I purchased at my local NAPA store. After a couple days of short drives, 15-20 miles the car drives much better, no misfires, etc.
Don't know if anyone else has have similar experiences. I have used the Redline product and it seemed to be effective also.
Happy Motoring,
Paul

Avoid fuel from Safeway, Fred Meyer (if in the NW), Costco, etc. I use only Tier 1 fuel (Shell) in my car. Some will claim that Costco is Tier 1 and maybe it is, but what's the point of saving a few pennies if your car runs like shit.

Same situation with me. Mine doesnt see a lot of miles. I found a station that sells premium non ethanol fuel. That is the only thing I keep in the NSX. I add some Stabil and try to keep the tank full.

Back