• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gas door allignment

I was wondering how do you adjust/allign the gas door to be completely flush. After I got my NSX back from being reprayed I noticed it was a lil lower where the bracket to mount it to the body is and the part where it clamps in to close was a lil higher than the body. I took it in and left it with them to fix. Went back and they said it cant be adjusted, though it looked a lil better thean when I took it in, all they could do was maybe add a thin washer (maybe 1/32) where the two bolts where to maybe even it out but they werent sure.
Now Im not sure if they are full of sheet or what, cause I noticed the top bolt looked almost stripped too, so maybe they're just trying to get rid of me cause they caused a problem they dont wanna fix. It was fine when I took it in but when I got it back the door seams off :confused: or maybe the door is suposed to be a lil lower and higher where I stated above, they had the car since Augest so I dont remember exactly.

So what can I do?

Check out page 20-57 (Body section) in the online service manual for instructions on how to align it.

XRacerX said:
Check out page 20-57 (Body section) in the online service manual for instructions on how to align it.

YAY!!! thanks ALOT! :biggrin:

...but wheres the online service manual :confused: Im a lil slow :redface:

bump

lil help

anyone?

....please :smile:

both of you THANK YOU VERY MUCH :biggrin:

Ill send it too them and see if they can allign it right, from the looks of it they were lieing too about the hing and door being only one peice :mad:

Back