• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gathering Interest. GT One v. 5.1 Stanless Steel Exhaust.

BD

Legendary Member
I have been getting lots of PM/E-mail regarding the v. 5.1 exhaust.

I'm testing water here, getting a feel of the market place, gathering interest.

I would like to be a vender, but at the moment, I can only act as a middle man. Therefore, my friend from Japan can get the product at retail price and all I can do is take a small brokerage fee to help Primers to get the product. Hopefully, I can take over what Henry (GT-OneUSA) have left off.

This is the deal, he like to get five order minimum to make it worth while. I just found out previously statement disclosed Taita Co. as the manufacture was NOT correct, but it's the Kuroda Factory. The miss communication was my misunderstanding through the e-mail conversation regarding buying Taitec products. The information however, is irrelevant since I'm not dealing direct with the factory, but with a broker in Japan.

Due to the poor exchange rate and increase in shipping cost, the price is higher than what you have been seeing from a year ago. BUT, this MAY be the only chance or place to get one newly made. You can still find them used occasionally on Yahoo auction Japan, so if you don't like the price, keep your eyes open. This is for those who must have the product new!!!

After calculating the total cost, including International Money wiring, shipping to the U.S. Clearing custom, and shipping to you individually, the approximate price is $2900 for the Stanless steel version, and $5300 for Ti version. This price does INCLUDES a $150.00 brokerage fees I'm charging for my self to making this transaction worth my time.

The turn around time is about 3 months, but we all know how accurate it can be. Therefore, could be sooner, or later.

The minimum five units are not limit to only v. 5.1, other versions too can be made. Including their header.

If any of you are interested, put your name down. Five order minimum will be nice, if not, I'm sure I can convince him otherwise. I believe if we can make 10 orders (which will take longer to produce), I think he can get it done at $3000 each for Steel and $5000 for Ti.

Single Tip is a $300 Option!!!

Payment can be made via Person Check, Money Order, Paypal (add 3%), or regular Credit card (add 2.5%).

Please indicate your model year after your name since there are three different version of it. NA1, NA2 early, NA2 LEV.

Last edited:
As I said in another thread, it's sad that a US based company can't design/build an exhaust of this quality, but we can send men to the moon.:frown: Vance I'm glad to see someone trying to get some more of these. What will the GB pricing be BTW?

As I said in another thread, it's sad that a US based company can't design/build an exhaust of this quality, but we can send men to the moon.:frown: Vance I'm glad to see someone trying to get some more of these. What will the GB pricing be BTW?
Opp's, I see the price.:redface: Sorry.

Vance, can you get a aproximate quote for a exhaust exactly like yours?? although i prefer the tips straight out instead of a DTM "comming up" design

Vance, can you get a aproximate quote for a exhaust exactly like yours?? although i prefer the tips straight out instead of a DTM "comming up" design

I don't believe v.2 can be ordered with straight tip. There is another one that is, but slightly different from v.2. I'll check.

Guys, part of the reason why GT-One USA went out of business is because of the currency exchange rate. Even at the old price, you are talking about $2700-28000 ish; at the current pricing, it is about $15% higher (because of the low USD vs. Yen rate).

Please post any questions you have and I'll send a consolidated question to Japan every few days.

2 orders have committed, third party is considering, most likely commit soon.

Just got a new quote from Japan. The original quote was high due to incorrect shipping quote. Instead of shipping them door to door, every thing will be shipped to me, and distribute to the buyers.

Right now pricing for five orders, the price will be $2900 to you (at the current exchange rate).

i'm interested but do we have to put any sort of deposit down?

Sorry, all order has to be paid up front.

I'm doing this because some Prime member wanted to get this exhaust and I can get them at the moment. I don't have a funding ($14 grand) to get the exhaust upfront for any one.

This is from ARMs engineering. Basically same as the v.5 but go for about $3600 before shipping and fees.

http://www.arms-eng.com/soryu.html

Last edited:
I'd be interested in the titanium single tip V5.1 for a 91. If those aren't available, the stainless steel is ok too.

Last edited:
fyi, I think most the sound clips are of nsx's that have non oem headers and or force induction/test pipes so a stock nsx will not sound the same.

I've heard a couple of NA cars with 5.1 and TP's. Very impressive. One belonged to Henry@GT-One. Someone might pm him for a sound clip.

I'm interested, but want to run it with a stock car. Can anyone comment on the sound with stock setup?

I've heard a couple of NA cars with 5.1 and TP's. Very impressive. One belonged to Henry@GT-One. Someone might pm him for a sound clip.

Thats what I'm running.. Stock airbox w/ uni, NA2 headers and Dali test pipes.. I've posted up the sound clip and you can find it on youtube.

Its my favourite mod by far, but you just never know maybe it will be on the market in the near future...:wink:

Last edited:
Vance

I am interested in a 5.1 single tip SS for NA2 LEV (the one that fits with no adapter pipes for us NA2s).
Thanks

I'm interested, but want to run it with a stock car. Can anyone comment on the sound with stock setup?

I've heard a titanium 5.1 on a stock 02+ and a supercharger/header/intake equipped 02+. It made me (and the other owners who were also there) giggle like little girls. There's another local who has the SS 5.1 on an NA1 and based on my memory, the tone is a little lower. All three configurations sound beautiful from outside during WOT drive-bys.

I'm not in the market for another exhaust but does anyone have any feedback on interior volume and tone at cruise and WOT? I've heard rumors both ways that it's not intrusive at cruise while others have said there is a heavy drone with the SS.

J

I don't get it. I thought the GT-ONE product was not part of Taitec but made specifically for GT-ROM by RF-Y, who now offers exhaust etc via GT-International in US. Am I missing something?

I've heard a titanium 5.1 on a stock 02+ and a supercharger/header/intake equipped 02+. It made me (and the other owners who were also there) giggle like little girls. There's another local who has the SS 5.1 on an NA1 and based on my memory, the tone is a little lower. All three configurations sound beautiful from outside during WOT drive-bys.

I'm not in the market for another exhaust but does anyone have any feedback on interior volume and tone at cruise and WOT? I've heard rumors both ways that it's not intrusive at cruise while others have said there is a heavy drone with the SS.

J

Your post is pretty funny. It is quite funny to hear grown men giggling like little girls when they hear the 5.1 at full song.

On my car (3.0L, Supercharger, Comptech headers, TP and 5.1SS) it does not drone. It does however have a raspy area around 2K. I will say this, I do not like the raspy area around 2K. I qualify drone as a really heavy, thick, bass(y), boomy sound that would give you a headache after 2 minutes. This is not my experience AT ALL. My GTLW was all of that and I would avoid RPM areas where it would drone. With the 5.1 I hear many positive comments.

- Sounds like a race car
- Sounds like an Indy car (Viper guys, Corvette guys and S2000 guys).
- My favorite -- Is that really necessary?

You do need to work just a little bit to make the car sound normal/quiet. This is done by running lower revs and easy throttle applications.

Now with all that being said and the fact that I like a relatively clean look/car, I would buy the 5.1 in a heart beat again........hands down!

Just to entice you all some more.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RccJcO_3w04&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RccJcO_3w04&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

My two cents.
Jose

Your post is pretty funny. It is quite funny to hear grown men giggling like little girls when they hear the 5.1 at full song.

On my car (3.0L, Supercharger, Comptech headers, TP and 5.1SS) it does not drone. It does however have a raspy area around 2K. I will say this, I do not like the raspy area around 2K. I qualify drone as a really heavy, thick, bass(y), boomy sound that would give you a headache after 2 minutes. This is not my experience AT ALL. My GTLW was all of that and I would avoid RPM areas where it would drone. With the 5.1 I hear many positive comments.

- Sounds like a race car
- Sounds like an Indy car (Viper guys, Corvette guys and S2000 guys).
- My favorite -- Is that really necessary?

You do need to work just a little bit to make the car sound normal/quiet. This is done by running lower revs and easy throttle applications.

Now with all that being said and the fact that I like a relatively clean look/car, I would buy the 5.1 in a heart beat again........hands down!

Just to entice you all some more.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RccJcO_3w04&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RccJcO_3w04&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

My two cents.
Jose
Damn, I just giggled and wet my pants a little.:redface: I am truely truely envious.

Back