• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gathering Interest.Stanless Steel Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonny look back at posts made by a fellow prime name hoover,he seemed to have talent for welding custom exhausts. That said I thought you and Vance would ingnore each other,I mean the bickering is annoying everyone and you will end up getting banned....again.

Sonny look back at posts made by a fellow prime name hoover,he seemed to have talent for welding custom exhausts. That said I thought you and Vance would ingnore each other,I mean the bickering is annoying everyone and you will end up getting banned....again.

Will do...tHANKS
oh with vance.. He never added me to his ignore list and I left him alone than over the weekend when i was gone he was insulting me calling me names on another thread which had nothing to do with me or him... Only person getting suspended will be him as I not going to let him get me sucked into it this time...Lud said when he suspended me that insults and name calling he will not put up with at all so lets see if he man of his word....(because when i did it I got suspended) lets see if there is a double standard...

I suggest looking up Swerve. He mentioned he has a contact that can EASILY make a replica.

Allready did...

Thanks

Try some shops in your area that can do mandrel bending, this shop is up in the Bay Area and even lists reverse engineering.

Tube Bending Experts, Inc. - Fremont, CA
Manufacturer, Service Company
http://www.tbecorp.com/ourservices.htm
Company Profile: Precision tube fabricating & bending services for steel, aluminum, brass & other alloys. Capabilities include hand bending from .014 in. to 1 in., certified vacuum welding & brazing, reverse engineering, TIG, pulsed TIG welding & Stick welding. Services include multi-dimensional tube bending &...

Now all you need is to find an owner that will let the shop take look at it and take some measurements. I would imagine the shop that replicates it would handle the transactions for a small profit.

I have a friend with a shop here in San Diego that I plan to have make me an exhaust (he makes custom turbo kits/exhausts/manifolds/etc/etc), ...and I'm trying to decide on the mufflers used.....

the Capristo mufflers sound like a really nice option, as I wasn't considering them before....but would be very interested in what it would sound like.

His shop can source all of the desired parts, it would just need to be decided what style / configuration people wanted...

Last edited:
You came up with this idea to try to piss-off Vance.... NOT trying to save NSX prime member money!!! admit it. Last time I checked, you weren't that nice of a person.. hmmmmm good luck with your revenge thread. I think you are full of sh!t. Go on with your life and try not to make a drama scene for the rest of us here on prime as I am sick of your bickering and childish posts.

You came up with this idea to try to piss-off Vance.... NOT trying to save NSX prime member money!!! admit it. Last time I checked, you weren't that nice of a person.. hmmmmm good luck with your revenge thread. I think you are full of sh!t. Go on with your life and try not to make a drama scene for the rest of us here on prime as I am sick of your bickering and childish posts.

Believe it or not, he came up with this idea and tried to pass it on to Vance to try to help Vance on overhead costs in producing it. Vance shot the idea and so Sonny is moving forward with it. All of this is/was(?) in Vance's thread about the exhaust.

Secondly, I would find it more likely that Sonny would be trying to create a MUCH more affordable product over Vance. Nothing negatively personal at all about Vance but Vance's financial comfort zone when it comes to the nsx is probably in the upper tier. While Sonny is more on the opposite end of the spectrum. Basically, Vance is a nsx baller, Sonny seems to be more budget minded.

Sonny is a pretty nice guy it seems when you're not on his shit list. Vance and Sonny are like oil and water. Except in the liquid state, they just don't go together or share anything common with each other.

Also NO I do NOT know Sonny or Vance on a personal level or have I ever conducted any sort of transaction with either one.

Noticed I didn't bother to post earlier?

But since he brought up my name again...

Dan, I appreciate you standing up for a friend. It is really no big deal what they're trying to do, after all, we have seen many knock offs out there with price similar to that of the real McCoy. It is not cost effective unless sufficient quantities are made. If you have it made in China, then you are talking about much greater operation - You may achieve low cost per unit, but you will have to order in a massive quantity to fill a container.

If they want to knock off a 5.1, they have to first buy one, and a new one is currently unobtainable, perhaps in the future.

If some is willing to lend a 5.1, it may be damage during the replication process, not to mention the differences in connection point between NA1, NA2, and NA2 LEV. They don't have the templates? Hypothetically speaking, if they do get a new 5.1 for replication, at today's exchange rate, it will be at least $3,000 plus. Who is going to flip the bill? Let's say they collectively put together the funding for replication, they will end up with a muffler that is a knock-off with unknown reputation, might cost almost as much, and lack of manufacturing responsibilities - And who gets to keep the original, PO?

FYI. A reality check.
I was at my favorite muffler shop two days ago to have another set of custom test pipes made, out of curiosity I ask the guy how much would it be to replicate my Bel Canto Muffler; he ask me how much the muffler cost, took a close look it and said, unless you want to do at least 30, don't worry about it. My second question was, if I get all the pipes precut and have them weld here, would it be cost effective, again, the answer is NO because US labor rate is higher. This is a guy who does $5000 custom mufflers for Hummers and Corvettes.

Finally,
Any thing less than a 5.1 will be completely pointless. Considering the fact that a simple exhaust system such as ARK are sold factory direct and they still demand mid $1000's.

Let the PO have his field day, for what ever reason (Really try to save money, or try to piss me off - and it is not working:wink:) when the reality kicks in, those who participated will the one who'll be disappointed. Take me out of the equation, who will have the last laugh after PO collect money from the pool of people and fail to deliver later?

BTW, Koolaid, my purchase and (some Primers) decision to buy specific product is not just about good taste, it is about making good business sense. I have never seen a GT-One/Fujitsubo/Taitac, JDM products fail, I have seen plenty of US made product go bust. The extra money and less headache is well worth the pain of a empty wallet. When I install a part onto my car, I like to leave it there.:wink:

Last edited:
Well, with all these GREAT shops that can tig weld and custom fab exhaust in the US. How come you don't see them go buy one from Japan and replicate the exhaust themselves and make load of money??? hmmmm ding ding ding. IT is NOT easy like you thought!!!
For those on prime that think this is a good idea... keep dreaming!
I am willing to put a bet on the fact that this copying idea will not succeed (cost, quality, material and SOUND quality).
Who's willling to make a bet with me? bring it on!

DON"T bother to post if you are not willing to put the money where your mouth is.

Hell, I would love to pay $1000 for an exhaust with every aspect just like the Soprano exhaust... But guess what? it's not possible... PERIOD!
Look at the Taitect GTLW knock-off... does it even being that much cheaper than the real deal?
HELLO... wake up, this is reality people.

Just my .02 cent

Well, with all these GREAT shops that can tig weld and custom fab exhaust in the US. How come you don't see them go buy one from Japan and replicate the exhaust themselves and make load of money??? hmmmm ding ding ding. IT is NOT easy like you thought!!!
For those on prime that think this is a good idea... keep dreaming!
I am willing to put a bet on the fact that this copying idea will not succeed (cost, quality, material and SOUND quality).
Who's willling to make a bet with me? bring it on!

DON"T bother to post if you are not willing to put the money where your mouth is.

Hell, I would love to pay $1000 for an exhaust with every aspect just like the Soprano exhaust... But guess what? it's not possible... PERIOD!
Look at the Taitect GTLW knock-off... does it even being that much cheaper than the real deal?
HELLO... wake up, this is reality people.

Just my .02 cent

More like supply and demand. Not enough demand to turn a profit on NSX. Especially when the only real high end japanese cars in America is the NSX and GTR. The rest of the japanese cars with an tuner appeal are already swamped with parts from all ends. That is more than likely why. Not because it's not easy, but because it does not make financial sense.

Normally you don't go into business to break even or make a loss. Even with breaking even, there are unseen losses.

Last edited:
Last time I checked, you weren't that nice of a person..QUOTE]

Stop blowing vance's trumpet.
LOL who are you?? why would you thinkI care what you think...lol "last time you checked I wasnt a nice person" lol who did you check with daddy vance? I forgot you guys are the N/A power JDM boys...
Dude I m down with JDM too i got me one of those JDM 100% noobooshhiit shirts...I can get you one too what size are you double x extra small??

Last edited:
So do you, You are here posting and have no intention on buying anything... So save your bull..

Your attitude leaves a whole hellava lot to be desired. Matt makes a valid point and you basically say " Neener neener I know you are but what am I "

I'm not taking sides here but I will tell you this. I WAS interested ( in the up front money GB) until I spent a lil time reviewing your recent post and current post ( and how you attacked Matt who I know firsthand is a really nice and standup guy) and your attitude is very bad to say the least. I do believe also you are just doing this to piss Vance off, personally I don't really care if thats the case because I would buy a knockoff v5.1 for a 1000 TODAY reguardless of motive!!!!!! So I hope you really do succeed with this mission . Good luck.

Last edited:
So do you, You are here posting and have no intention on buying anything... So save your bull..

Uhh...really???

And that is why I just bought a GT Extreme exhaust yesterday in my quest for a 5.1.
Like Greg, I was looking for alternatives.
Because of you, this option was weeded out

Last edited:
wii_cockroach.jpg

Must be hard for you to even fit in an NSX..

Your attitude leaves a whole hellava lot to be desired. Matt makes a valid point and you basically say " Neener neener I know you are but what am I "

I'm not taking sides here but I will tell you this. I WAS interested ( in the up front money GB) until I spent a lil time reviewing your recent post and current post ( and how you attacked Matt who I know firsthand is a really nice and standup guy) and your attitude is very bad to say the least. I do believe also you are just doing this to piss Vance off, personally I don't really care if thats the case because I would buy a knockoff v5.1 for a 1000 TODAY reguardless of motive!!!!!! So I hope you really do succeed with this mission . Good luck.

Uhh...really???

And that is why I just bought a GT Extreme exhaust yesterday in my quest for a 5.1.
Like Greg, I was looking for alternatives.
Because of you, this option was weeded out

Its hard to have a good attitude when you are constantly getting attacked by the same shady people who attack anyone who doesnt think like them. Which is pretty much the SoCal,Mode 4 click and Vance and down force. They all are the same, they all have the same inventory of products, they compete with each other to rip us off. They get these knock off products and sell it to us for more than the original product. Than they say they got the best fitting products even when they don't. Vance emails everyone talking shit about Procar and SOS and than trys selling his own stuff on you. I am sure many of you guys got emails from Vance talking bad about ProCar and SOS. He's snakey and likes to manupilate every situation. I m too honest so the good and I don't hold back I say just as I feel at that second so the bad out of me comes out and shines, he controls it better because he so full of it.

I'll give you my input....

Build an exhaust similar, to the 5.1 with larger diameter piping...for the tips have it burnt dual tips with the option using a v-band to change it to single tips...try to price under $1000.00

If you can use all mandrel bends with minimal welds and no crimp bends...Good luck I will be following this thread.

Can we get back on topic...is this a good suggestion? And give me a percentage of this really happening.

Go/no go...50/50?...or 30/70?

Can we get back on topic...is this a good suggestion? And give me a percentage of this really happening.

Yes, We can get back to the topic. I m sure we will have more of the Vance band come in soon and mess that up but we can try to get back to topic.
We are at the stage where we need to gather our resourses. I have talked to some people here by pm's who have an exhaust they can lend, I have another primer who can do this whole process himself...(I think he should) or we can all come come up with a new better design if possible. We have few guys who are getting more info as we speak on the finer details and will post as soon as they have complete picture.

I'm working something out right now with Capristo again. It will have valve control that can be activated by a key fob. see attached link for more info on Capristo and there valve control system.

http://www.capristo.de/

But, I'll need a real head count of how many would be in.

Capristo stands behind everything they make. They even reissued the Cayman S exhaust at no expense to the version 1 owners due to mounting hardware issues. And they will not go under or disappear anytime soon so warrantys will stand.

I'm working something out right now with Capristo again. It will have valve control that can be activated by a key fob. see attached link for more info on Capristo and there valve control system.

http://www.capristo.de/

But, I'll need a real head count of how many would be in.

Capristo stands behind everything they make. They even reissued the Cayman S exhaust at no expense to the version 1 owners due to mounting hardware issues. And they will not go under or disappear anytime soon so warrantys will stand.

it really depends on price.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back