• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

gauge cluster interchangable?

I have a 1991 jdm manaul nsx. My max speedo is 180km/h. Will a '98 US nsx-t gauge cluster with a max speedo of 180miles/h works on my car?

Thnx in advance.

Henry.

You can take the actual speedo out of the cluster and swap it , otherwise your warning lights and such will not work properly

You can take the actual speedo out of the cluster and swap it , otherwise your warning lights and such will not work properly

I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you 100% sure on this? Have you done this yourself? No offence, but I'm about to buy a '98 cluster and need to know for sure before I send the money.

I have never opened the oem gauge cluster assembly before so I don't have any first hand info, but one of my friend told me that the '97+ gauge circuit boards are in different size and shape than the pre-97 gauges.

Thnx.

Henry.

Last edited:
well, if the pin connectors fit fine, then its just a matter of finding a wiring harness diagram for your car and the car the cluster came off of and doing some cross referencing.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you 100% sure on this? Have you done this yourself? No offence, but I'm about to buy a '98 cluster and need to know for sure before I send the money.

I have never opened the oem gauge cluster assembly before so I don't have any first hand info, but one of my friend told me that the '97+ gauge circuit boards are in different size and shape than the pre-97 gauges.

Thnx.

Henry.

yes I have done it , you cannot plug the whole cluster in , you have to swap the speedo itself.

Back