• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Getting close to Finished, some Pics from Today (8/16/08)

The wing is a bit over the top...literally. Makes the car look like a cheap Civic in my opinion.

The car looked better back when you had the SSRs mounted.

As long as it makes you happy who cares.

You seem to be very balanced (personally).
Youtake positive and negative comments in stride...cool.
That would be a very cool fortune cookie message :cool:

Ahhh...Grasshopper, you discover my profession.
:)

Busted!

So for fun do you throw in the occasional "You are a heartless creature, and will die a slow and painful death"? :wink:

I think John has a unique style that most of us might not agree with. hehe I personally like the clean updated nsx-r style but I get where he's coming from. It is a JDM style look and that not a bad thing IMO. Look at all the Japanese tuner cars and you will see they have the large wing and some have the widebody and large diffusers. It's good to have people like John or all our cars would all look the same! :biggrin:

looks good Scorp.
Car has been through many changes since you've been on prime.... keep it up :smile:

I like the Stack display. How do you like it ? I am thinking of installing one in my 67 Mini Cooper since I am doing a VTEC conversion.

I like the Stack display. How do you like it ? I am thinking of installing one in my 67 Mini Cooper since I am doing a VTEC conversion.

It was a PITA to wire up, SARD provided a detailed installation manual, with pictures, that was 75% incorrect, we ended up having to trace all of the connections down using the shop manual during installation. For the sensors, we used an oil filter sandwich adapter (oil temp, pressure), and a water temp sensor adapter, spliced into the coolant return line.

Once configured, its a great display, all necessary info readily visible, logical warnings, and very configurable... I regret not picking up the ST8110SR (same cluster, but with integral boost), but at the time, I wasn't willing to pay $800 more just for boost functionality; now, my boost gauge is part of the CarPC, which makes it a little less convenient.

It was a PITA to wire up, SARD provided a detailed installation manual, with pictures, that was 75% incorrect, we ended up having to trace all of the connections down using the shop manual during installation. For the sensors, we used an oil filter sandwich adapter (oil temp, pressure), and a water temp sensor adapter, spliced into the coolant return line.

Once configured, its a great display, all necessary info readily visible, logical warnings, and very configurable... I regret not picking up the ST8110SR (same cluster, but with integral boost), but at the time, I wasn't willing to pay $800 more just for boost functionality; now, my boost gauge is part of the CarPC, which makes it a little less convenient.

I have always liked that display because of the analog tach, and a lot of other functions in one compact unit.

How do you know how many miles are on your car? I do not see an odometer on the Stack display. :confused:

The car looks nice though. Good job, man!

How do you know how many miles are on your car? I do not see an odometer on the Stack display. :confused:

The car looks nice though. Good job, man!

The st8130 is a street-legal cluster, with an odometer; its at 2600 miles, plus my original cluster, with 101381.4 miles

I just installed yellow (2900k HID) driving lights; I am using a SPDT relay, when the car is on the driving lights are enabled by default, when the low beams are switched on the relay's coil is energized, and power switches from the driving lights to the 6000k 55W HID lowbeams:

1.jpg

/

2.jpg

You need a wing like that to sport a "Top End" sticker on your windshield. hehe

Nice though, the diffuser balances it a bit.

Anything to cover the front condenser/radiator opening though? I think it'll make it look better and meaner.

Hey John,

You pointed me to your thread from mine asking about 18’s or stagger….

Thanks for the large quality pics of your car with the 17/18” BBS LM setup. I have been carefully studying your car to see if those wheels look big enough for me. One question, why does your car look “lifted” even though it’s dropped. I think if you can eliminate the fender gap a bit more your entire car will look more race car like. You certainly have the other ingredients of a NSX-R including that crazy spoiler! 

Is there a reason you don’t want to lower it anymore?

rick

Hey John,

You pointed me to your thread from mine asking about 18’s or stagger….

Thanks for the large quality pics of your car with the 17/18” BBS LM setup. I have been carefully studying your car to see if those wheels look big enough for me. One question, why does your car look “lifted” even though it’s dropped. I think if you can eliminate the fender gap a bit more your entire car will look more race car like. You certainly have the other ingredients of a NSX-R including that crazy spoiler!

Is there a reason you don’t want to lower it anymore?

rick

I have a conservative drop on stiff coilovers, but if I go any lower, scraping will become an issue. I live in an area that has many low-quality driveways, so when I occasionally take the car to run errands, the front lip, and side skirts, take a beating angling around these road defects.

17/18 is what BBS recommends for the nsx - there are no rubbing issues, but the offsets are conservative, and with the lip design, the wheels look slightly undersize. Given the direction of your thread, it sounds like you need 18/19 LM's - they will rub slightly at full lock, but will be visually more appealing, and will eliminate some of the fender gap you're concerned with.

Back