• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gingerman CGI Motorsports Driver's Ed.

Finally I found the video tape that has my very first laps at Gingerman with the ever grateous Chuck M. - now the CGI driving school coordinator.

The video is about 20 mins long (70 mb) and has some great instruction. It is shot in 320x240 with an average VHS-C video camera and then ripped to my computer so don't expect exceptional quality. It does look good on a normal PC but you may want to downsize the resolution of your monitor.

That all said - no hot laps - but some great instruction as a newbee (me) takes there first 10 or so laps:
http://www.ourfamilyinteractive.com/PhotoAlbums/NSX/Learning_Gingerman_Line_NSX.wmv

Enjoy - hope it helps someone out there learning to drive Gingerman in an NSX!

Keep your eyes on the skies.

Current South Haven forecast:

Tonight: Scattered showers after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Light and variable wind.

Monday: Scattered showers. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Partly cloudy, with a high around 67. Calm wind becoming north northwest between 5 and 8 mph.

For those driving through Chicago to get there, the Chicago forecast:

Today: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Increasing clouds, with a high around 74. Calm wind becoming north northwest around 5 mph.

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Cloudy, with a low around 56. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming west.

Monday: A 30 percent chance of showers before noon. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high around 75. North northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Just got back from the CGI event, which capped a long (4-day) track weekend for me.

Turns out the weather was GREAT all weekend. Fortunately, some of the rough stuff that came through Chicago earlier skipped us altogether.

Had a great time driving and riding with folks. My "C" student had a blue Nissan 350Z Touring model, and both he and the car did quite well. A nice, well-balanced platform IMO.

It was good to see old and new NSX/BMW friends. Nick M. and Mark B. coming in from the south, the "cheese-y" ( :) ) folks from the Badger Bimmers, and of course the usual suspects (Phil & Chuck, DanO, Ken, Al, Team Talbot, John Vasos and Harry Cash).

Thanks again to Phil, Chuck and the crew at G-MAN for another well-run, first-class event... I look forward to many more sessions.

Last edited:
The CGI folks are great, and Gingerman is a blast. You can run at 10/10ths and have fun, no concrete to be worried about. This track and CGI are on my must do list for next year and maybe even again this year.

Thanks Nick for getting us going and STOPPING (there will be a little something for ya next time I see ya), Thanks Gene for the Hoosiers, WOW I could never have imagined that the Hoosiers had that much on the Kuhmo Victoracers. I cannot aford to run the Hoosiers all the time but if you get the change give them a try at least once. I like my Kuhmo's but love them Hoosier's.

If anyone wants to go back or join us later in the year for another run this year, I am game lets pick the dates soon.

Dave

DDozier said:
If anyone wants to go back or join us later in the year for another run this year, I am game lets pick the dates soon.

Dave

YES PLEASE!!!

I am thinking late July or August.

Perhaps a new thread is in order?

matteni said:
Phil / Chuck - thank you so much for putting on the best damn driving schools period. It is such a pleasure to run at a fantastic track with great friends in a low key and professional event. Pictures coming soon.

Everyone else who was there - it was great seeing you all and having fun once again. Can't wait till we can do it again!

I would love to go back in September - the 13th also works for me.

On behalf of Phil and myself, we would like to thank all first timers, repeat friends and our beloved instructors. Phil came up with a great framework for a fun yet safe event but it is all of you people that make it so enjoyable. We constantly hear from the track personnel how much fun our groups are and what a pleasure it is to work with us. That is a credit to all of you. Thanks again for coming and of course we look forward to seeing you all again on the 13th.

Back