• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Glove box light problem

it won't light up. I pulled the glove box out. Tested the bulb. Good. Tested the switch. Good.

I can't find my meter so I used a test light. I tested the wire lead, one is supposed to be + one is supposed to be -. However, with my test light, both wires act as a ground. Could it be a short? The fuse that the glove box uses ties into the dash and every, but EVERYTHING else seems to be just fine.

The only thing that doesn't work in the car is the keyless, which I'm trouble shooting. I don't htink they share the same fuse, but I'm researching now....

I'm sure you know this, but the glove box light only comes on when the headlights (and possibly parking lights) are on.

Is your glovebox light not working even with the headlights on?

LoL, when I was doing my "diagnosis", I finally added 1+1 and figured it out. Glove box light uses, fuse 38. Interior light, or dash lights in other words. And in order to make dash lights come on, yeah. And yes you were right, headlights have to be on for it to work. Yeah..... that sucks...

LoL, doh!

You're not alone, KooLaid. I did the same thing. Figured it came on whenever the G-box was opened. Dogh!

Back