• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Godzilla (2014)

The KING is back!

Godzilla opens tomorrow night. So far it's been getting mostly positive reviews and it's sitting at 85% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Also, 65% of tickets have been sold already according to MovieTickets.com

Tracking for this movie is putting it at $75m+ opening weekend.

This is what 1998/Roland Emmerich couldn't deliver and the Godzilla movie we've been waiting for a long time.

I'm going with a group of friends, half of them ladies, all excited to see the movie.
In keeping with a Japanese theme, we are having sushi and sake for dinner before we watch the movie in Cinemark's XD RealD 3D (their version of IMAX)

So pumped up for this!!

I'm going with a group of friends, half of them ladies, all excited to see the movie.
In keeping with a Japanese theme, we are having sushi and sake for dinner before we watch the movie in Cinemark's XD RealD 3D (their version of IMAX)

So pumped up for this!!
Damn dude, that's the way I'd love to roll to see a true Japanese icon too.... enjoy. Let us know how you like it.

Damn dude, that's the way I'd love to roll to see a true Japanese icon too.... enjoy. Let us know how you like it.

Def will do. I'm sure there has to be others on here that will see it tomorrow, they even have shows at 7pm tomorrow. That's how much buzz it's generating right now. I thought movies only premiered at midnight. I'll be seeing this on Friday night actually due to everyone else's schedules.

Going to see it tomorrow night in Imax 3D. I'll post a review.

As bad as I want to see it this weekend, it'll be a sellout and that stinks for good seating. I am super pumped though.

Last edited:
Not perfect but the best freaking Godzilla movie, second only to the original Gojira!

Oh, and Friday opening already beat Amazing Spider-Man 2 AND Captain America : The Winter Soldier.

Now it's tracking for a $90m+ opening weekend, and maybe even pass $100m!!

Last edited:
Not perfect but the best freaking Godzilla movie, second only to the original Gojira!

Oh, and Friday opening already beat Amazing Spider-Man 2 AND Captain America : The Winter Soldier.

Now it's tracking for a $90m+ opening weekend, and maybe even pass $100m!!

This about sums it up. The effects are over the top good. Story could use some work but man o man was it cool seeing in Imax 3d. I was kinda hoping that Godzuki would make an appearance. Maybe in the sequel.

This about sums it up. The effects are over the top good. Story could use some work but man o man was it cool seeing in Imax 3d. I was kinda hoping that Godzuki would make an appearance. Maybe in the sequel.

Maybe Chris Carter instead?
Cris+Carter+ESPN.jpg

That's not Godzooky, that's Minya/Minilla, Godzilla's son. Godzooky only appeared in the Hannah-Barbera animated series and was a cousin of Godzilla.

Back