• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gold CE28 + Project Mu

The NSX is unique in that the mid-engined layout actually does not require huge brakes in the front. In fact, most NSX BBKs out there have issues with front wheel lockup because the rear weight bias does not require throwing a huge set of front calipers (compared to say a front heavy Skyline or Supra). The KVR AP Racing setup I have consists of 4 piston calipers on the front with 13" rotors, 13" rotors on the rear utilizing the oem two piston caliper and upgraded pads and lines.

Car looks beautiful!
But can someone explain why everyone upgrades the front brakes on the NSX when the stock brakes are either equal in size front & rear ('91-'96) or slightly larger in the rear ('97-up) thus giving a slightly larger rear brake bias?? I've been trying to search, but can't find any info on it. . TIA.

I plan on getting matching rear rotors and better pads. Most likely proportioning valves and calipers down the line as well. But right now my wallet needs to take a breather considering I just got these wheels and bbk :redface:

I think the reason why some owners don't upgrade the rears is because they don't track their cars often. Most just want better braking performance compared to stock and also to fill out their larger aftermarket wheels. The rear brakes hardly come on during normal driving since the fronts do most of the work. I think most owners know about the brake bias issue since its been discussed at length on prime, they just don't see it as a priority considering it doesn't affect how they drive their cars 90% of the time.

Does project mu make rear calipers now? Last time I checked, they didn't.. but that was awhile ago.....

I believe they do make rear calipers? I looked in the applications list and it was blank for the nsx as for the rear racing calipers. But so was my 4pad4piston racing kit as well, not sure why the section is blank. Perhaps they're special order only? If they're not available then no biggie since even the ap racing kit uses the stock rear calipers.

photo_cali_r2rear.jpg

title_product_cali_r2rear_en.gif

High-performance rear dedicated model designed for strengthening rear brake places emphasis on balance with front brake.
Total length:188.0mm / Total width:144.2mm ※ / Total height:50.0mm

http://project-mu.co.jp/en/products/cali_r2rear.html

Last edited:
^^^$$$$$$:eek::eek::eek::eek:

LastExile, I always enjoy looking at your photos. They're high quality with unique backgrounds, and your car looks great in all its forms. Props!

Back