• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gold or black?

NSXDreamer2 said:
Anywhere but MY CAR!!! :tongue:

BTW, your car comes with PEAR Yellow?? or Pearl?? :wink:
when i bough the car, the window sticker identified the color as Rio Yellow Pearl..
it does have a Pearl coat on the paint and also the yellow has metallic flakes/ It pretty much glows when light hits the paint.
(One time i was driving with my cousins and he got left behind due to traffic. my cousin told me that he can see me on the freeway even a mile away) :biggrin:
the only thing about pearl coats is that.. it's very tricky to photograph. some times the yellow comes out nice and bright and sometimes if u don’t have enough lighting, the yellow comes out a lil dull. :frown:

I don't like yellow cars in general, but as soon as I saw a yellow nsx in person, I changed my mind, yes that pearl color look real nice!!

I'm picking on you from your signature that you left the "l" off... ;)

NSXDreamer2 said:
SOMEBODY IS GOING TO KICK ME, but I have to say:
BTW, do they still make these wheels? I still think these are sexy, yet timeless, right along with the TE37... How are they doing on track, are they actually good for track use? (repeated heat cycled, beating / harrassment on curb riding...etc??)
The wheels are perfectly balanced and I only use them on track. The balance is so perfect, that if you use slick tires, no lead is needed. They have to be strong, because I use the curbs a lot. I have them for five years now.
These are special made Technomagnesia very light racing wheels. Special made for the Norcini Trophy NSX:

Attachments

• Norcini1.JPG
    Norcini1.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 584
  • Spa1a.jpg
    Spa1a.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 567
Veleno said:
Gold, and I still want that paint code for the "liquid chrome" paint on those wheels :)
Hi Richard, I don't have the paint code. The person who had arranged to have my wheels painted doesn't work at the shop anymore. And the paint was so new, that a paint code couldn't be produced. But I think, that a professional can make this paint himself. It is made of several layers black and chrome paint. It is more a technique issue than anything else (I think).
Good luck,
Gerard

Attachments

• BlackChromeWheel1.JPG
    BlackChromeWheel1.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 516
Or perhaps I don't change the wheels, but paint the body black?

4741NSXWielGouBodyZwart.jpg

4741NSXWielZwartKlein.jpg

4741NSXWielGoudKlein.jpg

Andrie Hartanto said:
Leave the car the way it is. The gold wheels look racy. The black wheel will show brake dust quick and look ugly after one session. Ask me how I know.

And we all know red is the fastest color :).
You make it so difficult for me :confused:

Andrie Hartanto said:
Just get the '04 side skirt.
I have the Wings West side skirts now (you can see it on the other pictures).

Joseph said:
I vote for gold. It looks much better
I am a bit confused. The first reactions were tending to go for black, but now more of you guys say: "stay with gold."

If gold is the color to stay with, why don't I see gold wheels on this forum? As far as I know, I am the only one with golden wheels :confused: Am I right?

Gerard,

You won't find many gold wheels on other NSX's because there aren't many wheels that come in that color. btw, what are the specs on them (size, width, offset)?

Veleno said:
Gerard,

You won't find many gold wheels on other NSX's because there aren't many wheels that come in that color. btw, what are the specs on them (size, width, offset)?
Hi Richard,
Wheels can be paint :wink:

Specs (Special made Technos and extremely light) race wheels:
Front wheels:
8x17 inch, 43ET
Tires:
Wet (track) and normal street use: 215x40x17
Track dry use (Yokohama slicks) 230x580x17

Rear wheels:
10x18 inch 43ET
Wet (track) and normal street use: 265x35x18,
Track dry use (Yokohama slicks) 280x650x18

4741TechnoGoldSlick-med.JPG

The wheels I use for the street were gold also but I painted them chrome black. The specs are the same as for my track wheels except the fronts. These are 18 inch and I use 225x35x18 tires.

4741TechnosGold-med.JPG

Last edited:
Back