• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Golf clubs in the trunk ???

I thought about taking mine to the course but the thought of an errant ball bouncing off an aluminum hood caused me to reconsider...

Normally the parking lot for people playing golf isn't anywhere near the actual course itself.
Now, houses that are on the course is a different story.

Normally the parking lot for people playing golf isn't anywhere near the actual course itself.
Now, houses that are on the course is a different story.

True, except the course I frequent situates the 18th hole coming up hill adjacent to the parking lot. They have a giant net to try and prevent balls getting through, but they always do. The last time I was there a ball came bouncing through the lot while I was putting my clubs away.

when i get my NSX, it will never carry golf clubs, or anything like them in the trunk. I don't play golf, and i'f i'm going to be driving the car, i'm going to have fun doing it, I don't want to fight with putting stuff in the trunk, and waste precious wheel time...

when i get my NSX, it will never carry golf clubs, or anything like them in the trunk. I don't play golf, and i'f i'm going to be driving the car, i'm going to have fun doing it, I don't want to fight with putting stuff in the trunk, and waste precious wheel time...

o....k....

Moving along, this thread actually inspired me to give a shot the other day when I had a fundraising tournament to play out at Andrew's Air Force Base. So, I carefully sat the bag in the trunk (clubs first, bag bottom last) and it fit like a glove. I was actually surprised. So, I drove the NSX rather than the SUV.

In fact, the clubs fit much better and EASIER than trying to wedge them in my wife's trunk of her 2008 Nissan Altima.

But that's how you get to drive it more often, by pressing it into service in as many ways as you can:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120903
(Sure hope TB doesn't see this! :smile:)

But that's how you get to drive it more often, by pressing it into service in as many ways as you can:

I love "Mitch's NSX Lawn Service". If I weren't all the way across the state, I'd hire him to do my lawn!

I need to get a set or two of clubs in my trunk. Maybe when I get back from Vegas this weekend I can hit the links.

Small bag, should work fine.

Hmmmm.....what about a trailer hitch on the NSX so I can pull my golf cart too? Might as well take it with if I'm gonna have the clubs in the trunk! :biggrin:

3701686161_0d109f4fac.jpg

I'll be driving it just about every day that i am able to go off base, i don't play golf, so clubs are not needed.
and why would anyone use an NSX to haul a lawn mower or mulch??? although, i have seen a guy use the trunk of a Viper to haul bags of cow manuer to use for his garden... Doh!

The trunk of my NSX may never see a golf bag. I do, however, make good use of the somewhat generous trunk space when I head out to the track. :smile:

+1, mine holds a full gear bag w/ suit/helmet/ HANS and a small overnight bag for street clothes and Dopp kit. The boot in the Elise was tiny in comparison.

Ok, saw it-----Mitch is awesome - I really think he should get the award for best daily user 2009. You know if you're careful there's nothing wrong with using what you have. Applause for Mitch - put your hands together!

The mulch makes clubs look easy! Say wonder if Mitch put any of the mulch in gthe trunk? He didn't show us the ass end. So I put my clubs in the car and took off for about an hours drive up to Lake Oconee the other weekend and the clubs and the car did fine. Only problem I had was that we had to leave abruptly cause the rain came up and I drove my car home in the rain which is the most water and street grime it's ever seen in 18 years of being on the road! Oh well, Mitch would scoff at that!:biggrin:

By the way - I sure did like that golf cart!!!!!:wink:

I didn't use to play golf, until I wanted to move up in the corporate world.:wink: Then, once I started, I was addicted.
Why can't you have fun driving the car while having stuff in the trunk? The amount of time it takes to 'fight with putting stuff in truck' is so minor it isn't worth mentioning. A few seconds at most.
Once you do actually get an NSX, you might just change your mind. Hard to make a claim like that since you aren't even an owner.

I didn't use to play golf, until I wanted to move up in the corporate world.:wink: Then, once I started, I was addicted.
Why can't you have fun driving the car while having stuff in the trunk? The amount of time it takes to 'fight with putting stuff in truck' is so minor it isn't worth mentioning. A few seconds at most.
Once you do actually get an NSX, you might just change your mind. Hard to make a claim like that since you aren't even an owner.

+1 - tell em how you feel 92NSX!:biggrin:<!-- / message -->

I didn't use to play golf, until I wanted to move up in the corporate world.:wink:
Last time I checked Golf was CHEEEEEEP on base (if you don't mind dirt fairways). Now's the time to work on you, plenty of time to be you later.
Sorry, I already told you that in another post.
Yes, that is the first to go. :wink:

Back