• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Good driving roads in the DC area?

Just wondering if people in this area have some favorite spots in the DC metro area to twist and turn their NSX through now and then.

Overall, seems like a fairly mediocre driving area until you get beyond the beltway, but I am hopeful that some veterans know some secret spots.

Kinda far from DC but I used to do some spirited driving back in the day down 619 headed toward the base. I believe you can jump right back on 95 afterwards.

As far as I know, you need to get a bit outside the beltway and still there's usually traffic unless you go at an odd hour. On a 45 or 55 mph road, people will either do 40 or 60, depending on the person (not the speed limit). I'm still looking for something in or near Loudoun, even at speed limit...

Seems like it is pretty thin picking around here then. I have been up and down the GW parkway and that isn't bad, but I do always feel like cops are eyeing me.

Has anyone been on the Clara Barton Pkwy on the other side of the Potomac?

Your best option is head out towards Loudoun and Fauquier Counties on a nice day. You can stop at a few antique shops and even do some wine tasting, but plenty of roads and open space with light traffic to really enjoy the weather and the car.

Atleast, that's what my wife and I like to do once in a while.

I live out in warrenton, va about 45 miles outside of DC. Excellent roads out here. You can just come out and drive the back roads through the tiny towns around warrenton or head towards the Shenadoah/skyline drive. Very curvy roads and great horse county scenery and mountain views from skyline. Seems to have very little traffic compared to everywhere else. I drove some back roads on a weekend and did about 35 miles and saw only 3 cars on the road.

Back