• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Good Local Detail Shop

Edo,

Not sure what color your car is, but I definitely wouldn't have anyone use a rotary buffer on a black car.

A guy in Tigard (name and number is at work) does a pretty good job...came highly recommended, but my experiece wasn't as good as expected. He does some local NSX's, Ferrari's, and other high end cars.

A couple years ago I had a guy east of Clackamas in Boring, OR detail my black NSX...he did a great job. My only complaint, and reason for not going back since (although I will in the future) is he didn't point out a paint flaw that he definitely should have noticed due to the body shop that did the paint work recommended him. However, he did give my car a great detail.

Funny I was thinking about this other day too. Must be the weather change. I thought it would be cool if we could find some place like a big warehouse to hold a wash, polish and wax event. Maybe Zymol or Meguiar's would be willing to help sponsor such an event. We might have to invite another club or something to get enough people. I'd like to spend a little time in a heated garage detailing my car and meeting other owners.

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

TES, why would it be bad to have someone use a Rotary buffer on a black car? (Mine is black) I've seen black cars look GREAT after a properly done Rotary buffing job. My car is to the point where extensive buffing with an Orbital buffer is not enough ro remove all of the scratches. My only option is to have someone use a Rotary buffer, or repaint it.
In either case I'd love to have a Rep from one of the major car care companies come and do a "demo" like they do for the California chapters of the NSXCA...
Lets see what we can put together...

I would be in for something like this as well.

Besides I could use some pointers from those out there with the experience on detailing their own cars
smile.gif

Back