• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

good service shops?

I dont know of any in the charleston area. Acura of Augusta in Augusta,GA is whom Id recommend.

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but not just anyone works on NSXs nor would I trust them to. You may be forced to go some distance to find a qualified tech. Steve Gooding up in NC used to do great work but he may be out of it now. Acura of Augusta does have a great NSX tech as is Eiffel in Atlanta. Other than that, I really don't know of anyone in your area. Sorry---

yeah from where your at you have a pretty far commute. Gooding might actually be closer to you than augusta.

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but not just anyone works on NSXs nor would I trust them to. You may be forced to go some distance to find a qualified tech.
That depends on what you need done.

A lot of the maintenance tasks for the NSX can be easily performed by any good independent mechanic (and any good dealer service department). I'm referring to brake work, fluid and filter changes, tire replacements, valve adjustments, etc.

Where you really benefit from using someone with a lot of NSX experience is in the really complicated stuff, like timing belt replacements, clutch replacements, and troubleshooting major problems.

If I lived in a city without a mechanic who works on NSXs all the time, I'd find a good local mechanic and trust the routine maintenance tasks to him, but I'd travel for the NSX-experienced mechanic when I have something major needing work.

That depends on what you need done.

A lot of the maintenance tasks for the NSX can be easily performed by any good independent mechanic (and any good dealer service department). I'm referring to brake work, fluid and filter changes, tire replacements, valve adjustments, etc.

Where you really benefit from using someone with a lot of NSX experience is in the really complicated stuff, like timing belt replacements, clutch replacements, and troubleshooting major problems.

If I lived in a city without a mechanic who works on NSXs all the time, I'd find a good local mechanic and trust the routine maintenance tasks to him, but I'd travel for the NSX-experienced mechanic when I have something major needing work.

Ken, that may be true where you are but there's not a Honda/Acura dealer in the vicinity that I'd let touch my NSX under any circumstance and only a few independents, Barney and Dan at Track One come to mind. There's a lot of guys out there that can screw up a simple oil change, much less brake work. Think cross-threaded drain plugs---

Ken, that may be true where you are but there's not a Honda/Acura dealer in the vicinity that I'd let touch my NSX under any circumstance and only a few independents, Barney and Dan at Track One come to mind. There's a lot of guys out there that can screw up a simple oil change, much less brake work. Think cross-threaded drain plugs---
I have a hard time believing that there aren't competent independent mechanics in most populated areas in most parts of the country, including smaller cities and even small towns. I know there are plenty of bad ones too, but good mechanics (who don't specialize in any particular make) can be found almost anywhere.

There may be a few. but I've seen so many screw ups... I guess Im just not a very trusting person.

Back