• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

good source for parts? (filters, hood struts)

Just got my (new) '91 a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for everyone on the list for helping with questions, CarFax, etc. The only thing I didn't find on the site is a directory of suppliers.

I'll be needing struts ("stays") for both the hatch glass and the trunk, and the local Acura dealer wants $76-90 EACH for them, not to mention $17.06 for an oil filter.
Is this a case of "welcome to the world of NSX maintenance" or can I do better?

Also, I've read that folks have had bad luck with FRAM oil filters, and the dealer confirms that the NSX uses a longer (larger capacity) filter than the TL/Legend, although that one will fit. Has anyone determined the OEM manufacturer for the Honda filters (Purolator?), or used any others besided FRAM?

TIA --Scott

Try www.daliracing.com , Mark always hooks it up!! Has Oil Filters for like $11 bucks and the truck struts for about $100 - $110 for the pair.
Also try www.asian-auto-parts.com . The guys name is Dave and has taken very very good care of me. I believe the prices the same as Dali Racing, but it's all OEM Acura/Honda I believe.
Good Luck and welcome...
Z

Originally posted by SF944:
Just got my (new) '91 a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for everyone on the list for helping with questions, CarFax, etc. The only thing I didn't find on the site is a directory of suppliers.

I'll be needing struts ("stays") for both the hatch glass and the trunk, and the local Acura dealer wants $76-90 EACH for them, not to mention $17.06 for an oil filter.
Is this a case of "welcome to the world of NSX maintenance" or can I do better?

Also, I've read that folks have had bad luck with FRAM oil filters, and the dealer confirms that the NSX uses a longer (larger capacity) filter than the TL/Legend, although that one will fit. Has anyone determined the OEM manufacturer for the Honda filters (Purolator?), or used any others besided FRAM?

TIA --Scott

Scott,

You can try www.hondacuraworld.com Speak to Tim Poliniak. Very good prices, great service.

Oh, DO NOT substitute the oil filter, EVER, OEM ONLY, regardless of cost. I do think you can do better then $17 though. Call Tim.

HTH,
LarryB

Whatever happened to Niello Acura? Or even Goodson? Aren't we supposed to get 30% discounts from those places?

Scott,

First, join the NSX Club of America. The club has a lot of events in your part of the country. The website for the Northeast Region is here. And NSXPO 2004 will be in your region next year. (It will be in northern California later this year.)

Then, use your membership in the club to get discounts from dealers that offer them. As Ponyboy noted, Niello Acura (in Sacramento, California) offers great prices on parts (call Mike Svilarich at 800-359-2299) or Goodson Acura in Dallas (972-554-8705).

Originally posted by Ponyboy:
Whatever happened to Niello Acura?Aren't we supposed to get 30% discounts from those places?
I used Niello last week. Got my 30% NSXCA discount, and product arrived in quick fashion. Person I talked to was very pleasant.

Originally posted by RichH:
Hondaworld is very good. What Larry B forgot to mention is FREE SHIPPING.
Rich

Damn, screwed again. Not only do most places almost never ofter free shipping to Hawaii, but HondaAcuraWorld doesn't even take ANY orders from Hawaii period.

Originally posted by ChrisK:
Damn, screwed again. Not only do most places almost never ofter free shipping to Hawaii, but HondaAcuraWorld doesn't even take ANY orders from Hawaii period.

Join the NSX Club and use your member discount at Niello Acura. Since they're in California, they're about as close to Hawaii as most any dealer that can still give you an out-of-state deal on sales tax.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 29 March 2003).]

Back