• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Closeout Sale

Just to note, the only size I see for the front of an NSX is 215/35-18. They have 17"-18" rear sizes but they are not closeout priced; only the 275/30-19 is available with a closeout price.

Just some personal advice regaring these Goodyear Assymetrics...I just went through a set in approximately 15k. They are defective in, my opinion, which may be why they are discontinued and on closeout. Here's my experience: developed a bubble in the sidewall on front right... inner tread separated and a ribbon of rubber down to the treads came off, in one long piece, on the front left...bubble blew out on the sidewall of the left rear...thats three out of four all with 1407 date code!!! Also the was no apparent external reason for these failures!!! Goodyear would not stand behind any of them under their warranty...I opened a claim with NHTSA!!!

Last edited:
Well its a good thing that all my in stock F1's are 08 production then...

I bought these tires for my GL57S rims and while they seem to work well (can't believe how well they worked in the wet considering) they seem a bit stretched across the rears. I am currently running 265/30R19 but notice that the 275/30R19 are on clearance. Any reason why these would not only would work, but possibly even fit better??? With >700hp on tap, I'm looking for more surface area.

I bought these tires for my GL57S rims and while they seem to work well (can't believe how well they worked in the wet considering) they seem a bit stretched across the rears. I am currently running 265/30R19 but notice that the 275/30R19 are on clearance. Any reason why these would not only would work, but possibly even fit better???
275/30-19 is actually better for the TCS, assuming you're using 215/35-18 front tires. The 60 mm of "stagger" (difference in width, front vs rear) doesn't help the handling, though. As for the best fit on the rim, both 265/30-19 and 275/30-19 are usually approved for mounting on rims 9.0-10.0" wide, so either one should work fine, assuming your rims are in that range.

With >700hp on tap, I'm looking for more surface area.
Keep in mind that a bigger tire size does not necessarily mean "more surface area" (contact patch or footprint). It just means different shape.
That's correct. The size of the contact patch is a function of the weight and the air pressure in the tires, assuming the tires are inflated normally. For example, if you inflate all the tires on your 3010-pound NSX to 35 pounds per square inch, the area of the four contact patches will total 86 square inches, regardless of whether your tires are wide steamrollers for the track, or skinnies for the rain.

Just a note on the tires: I am currently running them on my 07G35s and I really wish I didn't purchase them due to road noise. Performance is great but on the wife's car I guess it doesnt matter. All I hear is how load the road noise is ... and she was right. Super loud. Oh and yes, my car is aligned, tires rotated and they are not warped. Put on by Americas Tire Co.
Good tires just really loud.
BFG KDW on the NSX and I love em.

Update:
These tires were so bad that I went back to Americas tire co yesterday. They said all 4 tires were "cupping" and I had them call Goodyear direct. After a day I received confirmation today that all 4 tires are going to be replaced at no cost for another Goodyear product. Goodyear authorized this with 9/16 tread left on. All I will pay is $88 labor to Americas tire co.
Kudos to Americas tire for customer service and goodbye to the absolute worst tires I have ever owned.

any other feedback on these?

I need a pair of 275/30/19 and the price is tempting to try them

I took the chance (see my previous post) and have been driving about 400 miles on the rear set. As long as they are warming up, the performance on these are really not bad at all.

Well, I bought a set of these and the rears (275/30/19) are gone in 6000 miles. Belts showing so no driving until replaced. Fronts seem fine, but these sizes are NLA (No Longer Avail) from Tire rack.

Any other sources? Would like to just get rears - but the 265s and 285s are too "diiferent".

Suggestions welcomed..

Well, The Goodyears (the Asymmetricos) are still avail in 285/35 19. However, the width at the tread is 11.4 in (275 is 10.2). I have room for the 1 inch of width... The diameter is 26.9 in for the 285 - 275 is 25.6, so going to 285 would be abt 1.3 inches taller. Too tall I think.

The 265 is quite a bit narrower at the tread, and that's not my preference.

Figures are from a quick check of Tire Racks chart. Might be a little wrong.

First choice would be to find a set of the 275s to match what I have on the front:
Second choice is an alternate size of the same Goodyears:
Last choice is to buy 4 tires...

Thx for looking.

The sizes they have left - 265/35-19 and 285/40-19 - are WAY too big, not only because of the width, but because of the aspect ratio (the "35" and "40"). They won't work with the traction control at all, and they have some other disadvantages. If you could find 265/30-19, that would work perfectly well on your car; in fact, it will handle better than your current 275/30-19, and it's a better match for the traction control. So don't be afraid to go for 265, if you can find it with the 30 aspect ratio.

Last edited:
Tire Rack still lists the F1 Asymmetrico 2 in 265/30 19. Tread width is actually 10.6 in (slightly wider than the 275/30) and the diameter is 25.3 - so only 0.3 in smaller than the 275.

Seems like a fit. Any downsides? Any one used this size?

Tire Rack still lists the F1 Asymmetrico 2 in 265/30 19. Tread width is actually 10.6 in (slightly wider than the 275/30) and the diameter is 25.3 - so only 0.3 in smaller than the 275.

Seems like a fit. Any downsides? Any one used this size?
It should work fine. I assume you have 215/35-18 on the front? That's fine for the TCS with a 265/30-19 rear on a '98 NSX. And you shouldn't have any problems mixing the Asymmetric 2 rear with the Asymmetric front. Go for it!

Yep, 215/35 18 front. For others - my car is lowered abt an inch to inch and a half - no rubbing. Oddly these show almost no wear.

I'll order the 265s today. Next is searching info on a proper align set up for better rear wear (all street driven). Good info on the Wiki...

Thx for the advice.

Back