• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got my new Goodyear Eagle F1....wow!

Through some very helpful advice from others on here, I got my new Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-DS on this week. Wow! Very happy with them! Great steering response, and grip, seems a great value to me! Haven't had a chance to see how they are in the wet, but I am sure they will be great too. They kick the crap out of the last set of Nitto's I had on there. As a matter of fact now it's making me self conscious that I need to replace some suspension stuff cause the suspension feels a little "loose" with those tires as I push into corners. It's a '92 with 112K so maybe it's time for some coilovers :biggrin:

Another Texas NSX- cool. 14 year old car with 112k-:eek: - you definetly need new shocks.

Another Texas NSX- cool. 14 year old car with 112k-:eek: - you definetly need new shocks.

I recently put on a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS DS3 on my '05 to replace the original OEM tires. What an improvement they made in steering input and handling, as well as providing better ride quality. They are also suppose to have a much better wear factor over the OEM tires.

I'm surprised to see the level of performance and quality considering the GS DS3s cost much less than comparable tires.

Where are you guys buying your D3'? Tire rack isn't showing them as an option now.

The D3's get good reviews and I wanted to put them on my 17x8 and 18x10 wheels, but these tires tend to run narrow (tread width measurement).

A 215/40/17 on my 8" wide front wheel would be pretty stretched as would a 275/35/18 on my rear 10" wide wheel. I hear that they do fit well with 17x7 or 7.5 fronts and 18x9 or 9.5 rears. It's too bad I can't use these, b/c they look like an excellent tire at a reasonable price. :frown:

tmc/nsx said:
I got my new Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-DS on this week.
NSX-Tuner said:
I recently put on a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS DS3 on my '05 to replace the original OEM tires.
The correct name of this tire is the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3.

Da Hapa said:
I couldn't find this model in the OEM size for my stock 16" front/17" rear wheels.
For stock 16"/17" wheels, get the F1 GS-D3 in 205/45-16 front, 245/40-17 rear.

EDIT: Corrected rear size.

Last edited:
nsxtasy said:

doh.gif
thanks for the correcting the typo. :D

NSX-Tuner said:
doh.gif
thanks for the correcting the typo. :D
Sure! I just didn't want anyone to get confused and order the wrong tire. Especially since Goodyear makes other tires with very similar sounding names.

nsxtasy said:

For stock 16"/17" wheels, get the F1 GS-D3 in 205/45-16 front, 245/45-17 rear.
Thanks Ken. As always, your knowledge base is stunning.

Do you have any personal experience with this tire? My rear tires are just about to start showing the wear bars so I'm thinking it's time to budget for tires. I was going to do the OEM Yoko's but I've seen quite a few good responses on the Goodyears.

nsxtasy said:

For stock 16"/17" wheels, get the F1 GS-D3 in 205/45-16 front, 245/45-17 rear.
Any thoughts on older 15/16 OEM sizes? It doesn't look like the Goodyears come in an appropriate size for the front (205/50-15). Based on other advice in the forum, I'm pretty nervous about mixing brands without the detailed knowledge many of you have.

Thanks

Da Hapa said:
Do you have any personal experience with this tire? My rear tires are just about to start showing the wear bars so I'm thinking it's time to budget for tires. I was going to do the OEM Yoko's but I've seen quite a few good responses on the Goodyears.
Yes, but in a non-NSX (not mine). They're very, very good. So are the OEM Yokos though.

OhioSteve said:
Any thoughts on older 15/16 OEM sizes?
I wouldn't recommend the F1 GS-D3. The only 15" size available is 195/50, and that's a bit too small for the NSX front, IMHO.

I recommend either the stock tires (Yokohama A022H or Bridgestone RE010), or the Bridgestone S-03, which is available in the '91-93 stock sizes.

If you're interested in taking a step down from that in performance in order to get a step down in price, consider the Kumho Ecsta MX or the Toyo T1-R, which are also available in the '91-93 stock sizes.

Been driving on Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 for about 8 months. Used them at the Glen and on numerous runs. LOVE THESE TIRES:biggrin: Great wear and fantastic handling. Peter Mills told me to get off my Michelins and go for the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's he was correct as usual.:biggrin:
My recommendation buy them and enjoy them:cool:

Check the suspension parts for any damage. I had replace the inner tie road because of the loose feeling. If the car feels floaty maybe the shocks need to be replace. Bilstein would be a cheaper option and you can lower the car even with the stock springs. For coilover I would go for HKS hpermax because its more comfortable than the Tein ones.
tmc/nsx said:
...It's a '92 with 112K so maybe it's time for some coilovers :biggrin:

I've got almost 10,000 miles on my Goodyears. They have been fantastic. I know other tires would probably have done this, maybe not, but on the way home from the NSXPO the front right tread area separated from the sidewalls of the tire at 80 mph. The sidewalls stayed on the wheel and allowed for a safe slow to a stop. My wheel never touched the road. It was most likely from overheating due to low pressure. I had the pressure checked at Scottsdale Acura at NSXPO and before I left for home. I think I had a slow leak from dirt in between wheel and tire from spinout on the way to the NSXPO. I don't blame the tire at all. In fact I was grateful the sidewall did what it did. I pulled it onto the flatbed from roadside assistance like that. This is my first attempt at a pic. If it doesn't work I apologize. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

Attachments

• IMGP1228.jpg
    IMGP1228.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 106
Back