• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got my New Volks in!

Daly City, Stockton, Sacramento, California
Here are the pics of my new wheels! Thanks for the advice. & Thanks to Chris & Bryan at SOS.

Attachments

• DSC01186.jpg
    DSC01186.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 529
  • DSC01189.jpg
    DSC01189.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 851
  • DSC01190.jpg
    DSC01190.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 718
  • DSC01188.jpg
    DSC01188.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 324
  • DSC01185.jpg
    DSC01185.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 257
Aww man , I just can't stand those wheels on that color NSX!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Wheels look great! I have always wondered what the Mercury Silver would look like on the the silverstone. I had the Gunmetal Titanium GTVs on my silverstone. Here's a litte comparison for you...:cool:

Attachments

• DSC06161.jpg
    DSC06161.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 367
awesome! A few quick questions:

1. What size/brand tires did you go with? +1!
4. What finish on the wheels (silver)? < thats mercury silver
Thanks!

cil

I need to finalize tire sizes for the rear....... im thinking of doing 285/30/19... or is that too wide? I want lots of rubber back there! :D Thoughts?

Last edited:
I love this wheels! I almost went the GTF Jamie, but they look great on your car. I thing I will roll on these for a couple years maybe longer. I chose 18/19 combo with 265 rear. If you look carefully guys, I have OEM Alignment with no Tire wear at all for weekend street driving in California, at a lowered stance. I was skeptical of the camber kit online, but I am 110% Completely satisfied! I'm pretty much done with the car, unless someone will give me 10 Grand for a Supercharger to take off 1 second off the quarter mile. =) Must be nice to have money. I almost went matching wheels to body of car, but I noticed most Ferraris don't match & usually use silver wheels. That's why I made that decision. But I will always wonder how the GTFs will look on Silverstone. Pls. send pics if any are out there.

I love this wheels! I almost went the GTF Jamie, but they look great on your car. I thing I will roll on these for a couple years maybe longer. I chose 18/19 combo with 265 rear. If you look carefully guys, I have OEM Alignment with no Tire wear at all for weekend street driving in California, at a lowered stance. I was skeptical of the camber kit online, but I am 110% Completely satisfied! I'm pretty much done with the car, unless someone will give me 10 Grand for a Supercharger to take off 1 second off the quarter mile. =) Must be nice to have money. I almost went matching wheels to body of car, but I noticed most Ferraris don't match & usually use silver wheels. That's why I made that decision. But I will always wonder how the GTFs will look on Silverstone. Pls. send pics if any are out there.

sweet... so you have 265/30/19's in the back? What kind of tires are u running?

Once I get back from vacation I'm going to be buying tires for my GTV's that came in on monday! :D

Looks sick, I have those same ones sitting in my basement. 18/19 GTV's in Mercury silver:redface:

cil

I need to finalize tire sizes for the rear....... im thinking of doing 285/30/19... or is that too wide? I want lots of rubber back there! :D Thoughts?

I have the 10.5" GTV on the rear of my car. I went with 285/30 on the rear originally and I couldn't stand the appearance. It looked out of proportion to me so I used a 275/30-19 instead and I was much happier.

Looks sick, I have those same ones sitting in my basement. 18/19 GTV's in Mercury silver:redface:

Whore !!!!.....Wheel whore that is :tongue:

Not like I can talk because I ordered the Advan RS so I am selling my GTVs with rubber. I only put 250 miles on them :eek: Maybe I need some help because I am on my 2nd set of coilovers (doesn't include my original S tech springs) and 4th set of wheels with only 8K on the odometer.

I have the 10.5" GTV on the rear of my car. I went with 285/30 on the rear originally and I couldn't stand the appearance. It looked out of proportion to me so I used a 275/30-19 instead and I was much happier.

ah i see.. mine are 19x9.5 so should I stick to 265/30/19? or go w/ 275/30/19?

To Encypt3d, since I didn't want to blow a wad on Tires. I flipped a coin between Falken FK452 OR Kumho SPT, since I'm too lazy to renew my Toyo Sponsorship. I love the Kumhos! Working out great for weekend street use. Still no treadwear.

To Synth19, Either 265 or 275 rears will work. A lot of NSXers do 275 just to be wider. Not they big of a difference as much as 285.

I just got my new shoes in as well. I could have paid my mortgage, but hey, I live in Florida and can sleep on the beach, its warm here in the winter.

Same set as Clean got, (GT-V) my car is silverstone as well, but I went with the gunmetal grey insead. I am setting up the car with 215/35/18 front and 265/30/19 rear.

Probably going to do the Kuhmo as well, since they seem to be a nice bang for the buck, and my last set of Goodyear GSDS were nothing to write home about.

Just my .02 worth..

Congrats on your new wheels...:biggrin:

Hey All,

Here are some pics with the NEW FT-V's on the car, I set them up with the Kuhmo's as well.

Everyone thinks the car looks pretty good, but I am a bit dissapointed with the color I chose. The wheels dont really bring out the car as much as I would have liked.

Never the same I am happy with the new shoes and will keep you posted on the tire wear.

Sam:biggrin:

Attachments

• resized_005.jpg
    resized_005.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 934
  • resized_003.jpg
    resized_003.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 158
Hey All,

Here are some pics with the NEW FT-V's on the car, I set them up with the Kuhmo's as well.

Everyone thinks the car looks pretty good, but I am a bit dissapointed with the color I chose. The wheels dont really bring out the car as much as I would have liked.

Never the same I am happy with the new shoes and will keep you posted on the tire wear.

I actually like how they match the car well. It almost looks like they could have been a "factory" option since they match the car so nice. Both colors here look really nice.

lower the car little bit, and you will like it alot.

For me they work well and give your NSX a tougher stance than the plain silver (which still look good). Grey on Gery works for me :wink:

regards

Looks great, I got my GTCs from SOS couldn't be happier I have a sebring silver 91 Wheels are spark silver I think it looks better on my car than the mercury, Just my opinion.

Back