• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GOT MY NSX - a few questions! :)

IT arrived - I LOVE it.

i'll post some pics soon.

COUPLE of questions from a newbie - YES i've read the FAQ's so bear with me.

1. WHEN does the V TEC come on, and shouldnt i feel a jolt of power? OR does it just keep a steady pull all the way up?

2. i have the engine cover ON - and over the engine. Is it bad to take it off? WIll it cause the glass to overheat or fog? AND
even with the cover ON does your glass behind your head get hot?

I am most interested in finding out about the VTEC- the engine seems to change pitch, but theres no extra boost in power.

YES i am used to the feel of 20PSI kicking in with my TT Supra - but i still figured i'd be able to feel the VTEC.

anything else, holler

ALSO

i think there's an aftermarket ECU or something in the car - there was a little extra "computer chip" looking device in the console of the car (labeled 91-96 NSX) - would an ecu change cause the VTEC to not kick as hard or come on earlier?

and is this small (1 inch long) "chip" i found maybe something that would change it back?

i know these are tough questions, and i need to call the original owner, but i need your advice while i'm waiting on his return call :)

thanks
aron

you might wanna read the FAQ section... there's a LOT of information about stuff you want to know.. and even stuff you didn't want to know...

good luck
-x-

A few, including myself took the engine cover off, and absolutely love it. Doesn't get hot at all, and it is fun to show off your motor.

nsxtasy said:
There are some downsides, as noted here.

There are pluses and minuses on everything. However, if you like the expose look, it's far outweigh the downsides. Take it off and you will never want to put it on again.

NSXSAN said:
There are pluses and minuses on everything. However, if you like the expose look, it's far outweigh the downsides. Take it off and you will never want to put it on again.
Don't think that your way works for everyone. It doesn't. Yes, there are pluses and minuses on everything. However, if you want a tighter seal (and one that is watertight) between the engine hatch and the body, you will leave the engine cover on, or get one of the mesh engine covers that retains the outer seal. And if you don't want the engine compartment and rear window and divider window to get dirty quicker, you might want to leave the engine cover in place. You may find that the convenience and tighter seal far outweigh the downsides of removing it.

It doesn't cost anything to remove it. So the easy answer here is - try it! If you like it off, leave it off. But, like some of us, you may decide to put it back on again.

ditto to that.....i take my top off every other time i drive in sunny cal....

nsxtasy said:

If you don't want the engine compartment and rear window and divider window to get dirty quicker, you might want to leave the engine cover in place. You may find that the convenience and tighter seal far outweigh the downsides of removing it.

It doesn't get too dirty for me at all, and I am doing that to my second NSX already. Fot some reason, all the dirty stuff alway go underneath.

Back