• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got Pepper Sprayed Today

My friend had some pepper spray. Since im going into law enforcement i wanted to see what it felt like for when it happens in the academy. It is the ABSOLUTE WORST Pain i have ever felt in my life. Words cannot describe. Your entire face feels like its on fire. You cant breathe, see or even think. The percentage of OC in his spray was 15. Law enforcement is 2-5. It hurts soooo bad. I think his was on the lines of bear spray.

Anyone else here been sprayed???

Me and my friends did that stuff in high school. Man, I remember the first time I met my best friend Andy, we all tased each other to the point where the taser died. I also got pepper sprayed few times that night. I think the battery was weak cause we all took a few hits. It was all for fun, to see "what we can handle".... stupid! The cool thing was that this took place way before Jackass! :)

I live alone but I still lock the bedroom door at night because I'm still paranoid about people walking into my room in the morning and tasering/antiquing/pepper-spraying me while I sleep. I frequently got doused in beer too.... Rude awakening!!

God bless my old roommates, it was fun!

Last edited:
10% sold is the law it's the heat units that hurt.

Cool stuff :smile:

LoL, back in high school I used to work at a small car audio shop. When things got slow, the boss would get bored and pepper spray one of the guys taking a shit in the little bathroom by spraying it in through the gap in the bottom of the door.

On occasion when everyone had forgotten, he'd get the guy stuck behind the display board wiring in new head units. The display was 7ft tall and was in the corner with a small area behind to wire things up. So you'd have to climb up on top, then drop in behind. Man, those guys sure took it pretty damn well but we were all friends.

I also remember the first day someone brought in a stun gun, one of our buddies became a rent a cop. Everyone just sat around shocked the shit outta each other.

I never got pepper spray but I had to go through the gas chamber in basic training. That shit sucked.

Since im going into law enforcement i wanted to see what it felt like for when it happens in the academy. It is the ABSOLUTE WORST Pain i have ever felt in my life.

/QUOTE]

That is just plain stupid. If I were you I would not run that story out in front of the oral interview board or your background officer IF you get that far.

I got pepper sprayed accidentally by some cops back in college.

My friends and I walked out of a wendy's straight into a fight where cops were breaking it up with pepper spray. Some of it got me in my eyes.

Since I had just had LASIK 3 days earlier I was livid. When I yelled at the police asking wtf they were doing, they cited me with disorderly conduct.
I had to go to court to get the charges dropped. What a pain in the ass.

Reason number 90789234890234890234 to dislike cops. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well then you'll love the part where you get tazed. If you'll be carrying a tazer one of the requiremnts is you get to experience that too.:wink:

My friend had some pepper spray. Since im going into law enforcement i wanted to see what it felt like for when it happens in the academy. It is the ABSOLUTE WORST Pain i have ever felt in my life. Words cannot describe. Your entire face feels like its on fire. You cant breathe, see or even think. The percentage of OC in his spray was 15. Law enforcement is 2-5. It hurts soooo bad. I think his was on the lines of bear spray.

Anyone else here been sprayed???

Don't worry they will spray you again in the police academy. My BIL who is a police officer said they sprayed him in training.

when he was in training he brought home the riot gear and we had a blast screwing around with that crap. I put on the full suit with the O2 mask. :)

Last edited:
Well then you'll love the part where you get tazed. If you'll be carrying a tazer one of the requiremnts is you get to experience that too.:wink:

I have been looking for a volunteer to taze for a while now. I am offering 100 bucks, no takers yet.:biggrin:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AkMkGOpAF4s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AkMkGOpAF4s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That is just plain stupid. If I were you I would not run that story out in front of the oral interview board or your background officer IF you get that far.

"To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid" :)

Haha - fun stuff. I did the gas chamber at Fort Sill.

A good number of people panicked and failed the test. There was a lot of vomiting and whimpering that day. :biggrin:

Oh man, at the rear door exit of our building I went running straight out a good 15 feet before they told to me stop. Later on that same week, they finished the 6ft tall wooden fence...~10ft from the exit. I bet alot of trainees ran into that fence after that lol

Last edited:
I too was sprayed when I attended the Academy. I'll take CS/gas chamber any day over being sprayed. Gas you can get over a short while after being exposed. Being sprayed, that thing takes a while to wear off. Even after it somewhat stops burning, if you get your face wet trying to wash it off doesn't help, it only reactivates it causing it to burn again.

At the academy, right after getting sprayed, you have to perform a take down, and detain a "suspect". and a few other objectives. The females and a few of the guys were crying in pain. I just got angry, walked it off, and let my adrenaline take care of the pain.

Oh man, at the rear door exit of our building I went running straight out a good 15 feet before they told to me stop. Later on that same week, they finished the 6ft tall wooden fence...~10ft from the exit. I bet alot of trainees ran into that fence after that lol

There were trees at Leonard wood to take care of stupid privates running around aimlessly. The CS wasn't that bad, the sucky part was doing pushups in the puddles of puke. :mad:

Pepper sprayed myself once when I was like 10. I was an absolutely brilliant kid.

Got tazed during a bar brawl with a Marine. :rolleyes:

There were trees at Leonard wood to take care of stupid privates running around aimlessly. The CS wasn't that bad, the sucky part was doing pushups in the puddles of puke. :mad:

Pepper sprayed myself once when I was like 10. I was an absolutely brilliant kid.

Don't taze me bro!

It wasn't that bad, but we were both a few degrees past drunk. I believe the fight started over which branches marksmanship badges are more aesthetically pleasing.

The worst is the irritation after you get sprayed. That stuff just stays on your skin and feels like a 3rd degree sunburn.

I have been looking for a volunteer to taze for a while now. I am offering 100 bucks, no takers yet.:biggrin:

Steve, I volunteer David (KooLaid) to taze. Let me know how you want to send my money.

Looks like there are a lot of cops on this forum i take it? :cool: Well people from Cali seeing that most are from California. LoL

LoL, a few buddies of mine got this short drunk guy tazed by the cops after the guy wouldn't back off away from me. He wasn't doing any harm and I told the guys to leave the drunk guy alone. Any they asked him to leave, he wouldn't and pushed my buddy. My buddy was about to knock him out when the cop told my buddy to leave him alone and that he was drunk, just let it slide.

Anyhow, drunk midget came back, shoved my buddy in front of the cops. My friend just looked at him, then the cops and gave the WTF look to him. The cops told him to leave. He went across the street and pestered someone else. We watched as the cops followed and the guy he pestered tried to help the drunk, telling the cops it's all good, he just wants a cigarette. Midget proceeds to pester the cops this time. Midget swings at the monster size cop, cop dodges and returns fire with one to the kisser, sending the midget almost backwards over a planter by the force, both feet leaving the ground. It was a HARD hit as the planter was half way up his back. They toss midget to the ground and struggle. We see the glowing light of the taser. We yell from across the street "Taze his ass!" Next thing you no, midget man is squealing like a pig. Midget yells out, "It's ok I'm an MP!" (this is a military town), proceeds to struggle and gets tazed again. Squeal! They scrape his ass off the ground, and the dude has blood flowing from his nose and is all tore up.

Sorry, lol, just thought I'd insert another military tazing incident lol.

Oh this was across the street from a major club on "club row" in colorado springs.

I bought some pepper spray in high school and tried it out by spraying 1 pump into my bathroom toilet.

Before I could even bend down to smell it, I was choking and tearing up. I flushed the toilet and ran out and I was coughing for at least 2 minutes.

I can only imagine what a direct hit to the face would feel like.

It was one of the most pungent smells I have experienced.

OC spray is not a toy that you should use for your experiements...save it for the academy. But now you know that it sucks...it is the worst stuff I have ever experienced as well. Gas chamber is nothing compared to OC. It is also something you will never get used to as well.

I hear getting shot hurts, maybe you should try that one out as well. :rolleyes:

I'm on the right side of the law ;)

I am active duty Navy going on 7 years now, been around and done quite a bit...from VBSS ops, to Armed Sentry Instructor, etc.

To the OP, good luck in the Academy and keep your head up...

Last edited:
Back