• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GPS locators-NOT LoJack

Did a search but couldn't find any real info. Aside from LoJack, anyone running GPS locators? Don't need to know "how fast my car was going at 2 a.m."....those designed for your teenager's driving habits. Want a system to locate my car via the internet if the car is stolen. Many options online but don't know what is most reliable.

Thx

Jeff

I've been using AutoPage's C3 (c3autopageusa.com) for about six months now. It's got web-based GPS tracking and email/text alerts based on parameters that you set. If my car moves more than 10 feet with the system armed, I'll get an email on my phone and can immediately start tracking it. You can also use your phone/computer to lock/unlock the doors, roll down the windows, start the car, or pretty much do anything else that you feel like wiring up a relay to.

Do any of these system have the ability to tell you how fast the car is driven or was driven? Would be nice in the regard when you drop your vehicle off to be serviced to ensure they didn't take it out on a high speed joy ride.

Do any of these system have the ability to tell you how fast the car is driven or was driven? Would be nice in the regard when you drop your vehicle off to be serviced to ensure they didn't take it out on a high speed joy ride.

Mine will only alert you after the vehicle exceeds whatever pre-set speed you program into it. I don't think it will log speeds though.

I wonder if you could then load the GPS transmitted coordinates into your cruise missile launcher to take out the thief :D

Back