• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GPW left for dead in Denver

You guys are late to the game

I already gave the owner info to one potentially lucky member.......

I know there is a line, but since there hasnt been any action here, there is a $100 bill with your name on it (edit: see sig) if you wanna flip that info my way... just sayin

- - - Updated - - -

That car came from NY, then was in CT and was salvage many years ago and in really bad shape even then. And well geez, it looks even worst now.

how do you know this is the same car?

I used to live nearby until January and would see this car all the time. The front end damage is very new, as it wasn't there last time I saw the car around New Years. It typically moves around and it's parked on any of the nearby streets, but it's been in that spot for a little while, maybe there's a mechanical issue...

I always thought it was a travesty to keep it outside, not because it's an NSX, but because it's a GPW NSX.

Effing shame....

Don't worry guys. The car is in good hands and is being brought back to life. It is a 93. 89k miles. Sadly the front damage was a hit and run and the rear was a pole was backed in to. I have the car on the way. Luckily the pics above were from a friend of mine who was in Denver for work and he happen to drive by it and snap some pics. Then an awesome local NSX owner ran over helped me get in touch with the owner of it.

I am the new owner of the poor white NSX. I met with Brian today to go over the details will try my best as time permits to post up a complete build on it. Looking like it might undergo a partial to full restoration to return it to all of its glory. We are compiling a parts list now and doing a major service. I will be sure to post up details as they are available. Doing business with Source 1 was an absolute pleasure. Lots of communication, lots of details, and never a doubt in my mind that this would be exactly as it was described. Looking forward to getting #23 of 84 back to where she belongs and keeping her in a climate controlled environment. Brian feel free to post as many pics as you would like on the build to get her back.

That will be up to the buyer. If he is ok with that then I will gladly post the process.

SUB -

I am the new owner of the poor white NSX. I met with Brian today to go over the details will try my best as time permits to post up a complete build on it. Looking like it might undergo a partial to full restoration to return it to all of its glory. We are compiling a parts list now and doing a major service. I will be sure to post up details as they are available. Doing business with Source 1 was an absolute pleasure. Lots of communication, lots of details, and never a doubt in my mind that this would be exactly as it was described. Looking forward to getting #23 of 84 back to where she belongs and keeping her in a climate controlled environment. Brian feel free to post as many pics as you would like on the build to get her back.

Scribed for this project! Please post up the news :biggrin:

The background of that pic looks like Wash Park and based on the plates, it was registered in the last year.

So what is the back story? Was it sitting and not drivable for 3+ years?

So what is the back story? Was it sitting and not drivable for 3+ years?

It had been sitting since October. Perfectly drive able. He had no room in his condo complex to park it. The car runs and drives incredibly.

If that's the original color this car is absolutely worth saving. Glad to see it in good hands.

BIO, welcome to the community. Posted or not, be sure the restoration is well documented. It will pay off someday, unless-like some Primers-you plan to be buried in it.

If that's the original color this car is absolutely worth saving. Glad to see it in good hands.

BIO, welcome to the community. Posted or not, be sure the restoration is well documented. It will pay off someday, unless-like some Primers-you plan to be buried in it.

It is #23 of 84 built in GPW with Black interior. I will post up as much as I can and will try to photo document the entire process from start to finish as time allows. Very excited about this project. Finding a pristine white NSX would not be the same as going through this bit by bit and making everything perfect.

it is this sort of thread that reminds me of
first - the awesome nature of the Prime community (especially in vulture mode)
second - the dedication of owners to preserving their car and rehabbing the neglected when possible

Look forward to seeing the build thread on the GPW

Looking forward to seeing pictures of this saved NSX

Back